Help! Need Alternator St George UT (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Website
shadowlightpsych.com
My alternator is slowly dying on my 1987 FJ60. It will charge a little unless there is a large load like headlights on. Worried it won’t get me home tomorrow, 5 hours north. No parts houses have them. Waiting for the parts houses in Vegas to open up. If I have to make the 2-hour trip I guess I’ll do that. Hoping there’s someone out there in the St George area who might have a line on a used one. Or ideas on how to possibly revive the one I have. It’s only a couple years old, maybe 30k miles, an AC Delco I bought from Rock Auto.
7D962E74-9F2D-4310-B860-31EC690271AE.jpeg

Last edited:
You posted in the 80-series forum
Well yes. You are an observant one. I also own an 80. A lot of my friends who own 80s also own other series, and are connected to the greater cruiser community… I’m a little desperate here and trying to cover all my bases…

My alternator is slowly dying on my 1987 FJ60. It will charge a little unless there is a large load like headlights on. Worried it won’t get me home tomorrow, 5 hours north. No parts houses have them. Waiting for the parts houses in Vegas to open up. If I have to make the 2-hour trip I guess I’ll do that. Hoping there’s someone out there in the St George area who might have a line on a used one. Or ideas on how to possibly revive the one I have. It’s only a couple years old, maybe 30k miles, an AC Delco I bought from Rock Auto. View attachment 3105763

With a 2F you should be able to run 5 hours with a flaky alternator if your battery is well charged and you don't run the AC and fan. Alternatively, instead of sourcing an alternator that may or may not fit properly just pick up another battery as a back up if yours dies on you during the trip.

NOBODY has an alternator. Not even in Vegas. So I dropped the battery off at Napa. They’re going to get a good charge on it, and the hope is a weak alternator with a strong battery will get me home tomorrow 🤞🏼

NOBODY has an alternator. Not even in Vegas. So I dropped the battery off at Napa. They’re going to get a good charge on it, and the hope is a weak alternator with a strong battery will get me home tomorrow 🤞🏼

I don't know if they will be open Monday but I would try to contact interwest rebuilders in St. George. They rebuilt the alternator on my 91 fj80 with no problems. They have been around forever and I am sure they could get you rebuilt and running.

Interwest Rebuilders
(435) 628-3459

Goodluck and let me know if I can do anything to help you Monday. I work until midnight tonight but I am off work Monday and Tuesday if you need anything.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom