Help me ID these latches (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Just bought a few boxes of random FJ40 parts and I found these two latches. I think that they were to hold the windshield in place on early FJ40s but I am not sure.

Would appreciate finding out what they are and from what year range.

Thanks, John

IMG_3080.jpeg

IMG_3081.jpeg

IMG_3082.jpeg

IMG_3083.jpeg

Yes.

Great, thanks for the fast reply. I don't need them for my FJ40 (1975) so I plan to put them up for sale......thx, John

I have a few different sets of these latches but, one pair is different. The top of the different pair has the top section closed off (circled in blue). The other difference is the round part does not end on the sides of the handle but each side takes a 90° turn into the handle. I will post a picture tonight of them side by side for comparison. That is the only pair I have ever seen like that.

1606245362351.png

I have a few different sets of these latches but, one pair is different. The top of the different pair has the top section closed off (circled in blue). The other difference is the round part does not end on the sides of the handle but each side takes a 90° turn into the handle. I will post a picture tonight of them side by side for comparison. That is the only pair I have ever seen like that.

View attachment 2505522

These are very close to the LWB pickup tailgate latch.

I just posted a side by side latch comparison

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom