• Slee Slidersteps

Votes: 18 75.0%
  • Metal Tech

Votes: 3 12.5%
  • White Knuckle

Votes: 3 12.5%

• Total voters

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I am torn between the following sliders. I won't wheel this truck hard but it does see off-road use albeit more or less in a camping/overland capacity. Sliders are a necessity due to rocks and the general weight of the vehicle but I won't be dragging it down the Rubicon so the most over built option available isn't needed, i.e. Budbuilt.

Traditionally I like the looks of a flat slider and its more natural use as a step and aesthetically speaking I prefer no kick out like the traditional slider from Slee. I understand the benefits of the kick-out and the gained clearance and protection of those with a slight angle, I've had both on previous builds. That said, I have narrowed it down to three very different options with all of that in mind and would like feedback from the hive on this. Pick your favorite of those listed and tell me why you choose that particular over the others.

1) Slee SliderSteps ($1225)-Classic slider look, nice fill plate, flat, not overbuilt but not the weakest option either, in stock and ready to ship. Lacks a kick-out, more involved install, least amount of protection from the side, likely $1650 delivered.

2) Metal Tech 200 Sliders ($1650)-Classic look, fill plate at the rear, flat, small kick-out, in-stock and ready to ship. Only two mounting arms so likely not as strong as other options and less side protection due to being flat (think car doors). Currently 20% off and cheaper fixed shipping, roughly $1550 delivered.

3) White Knuckle Off-road 200 Sliders ($1270)-Somewhat classic look, available flat or angled, reportedly some of the strongest up there with BB. Must be built to order, roughy $1500 delivered.

What's the context of "flat" with regard to being less protective for car doors?

My rig isn't the tallest at all, and the vast majority of car doors are going to go *clang* off the MT slider well before they get to my body panels.

What's the context of "flat" with regard to being less protective for car doors?

My rig isn't the tallest at all, and the vast majority of car doors are going to go *clang* off the MT slider well before they get to my body panels.

Texas, everyone drives lifted trucks and SUV's, lots of doors that are taller than the steps and could be swung into my door. Not a top line consideration but a consideration nevertheless.

Texas, everyone drives lifted trucks and SUV's, lots of doors that are taller than the steps and could be swung into my door. Not a top line consideration but a consideration nevertheless.
I guess I mean what characteristic are you looking for? Angled upward? Doesn't seem like it'll make a huge difference in the height of door that will impact things.. 2-3" at most?

I consider mine the perfect amount of kick out and flat step to get to the roof rack.. My friend's slee steps are less area but more texture, which still works well. Personally if mine were angled upward they'd be a lot less useful.

All of the above are available flat.

I chose the Slee formed slider steps because:
  • Looked most like stock / oem.
  • Best looking option IMHO (with MetalTech in 2nd place).
  • Reputation of being strong (I'm not doing a ton of rough rock crawling either, but do get out into places where I need the added protection).
  • Non-slip fill plates line up well for all doors. Other users have mentioned how slippery other sliders without textured fill plates get when wet or muddy.
I really didn't consider the install to be super involved. I was pleasantly surprised how straightforward it was.

Echo @FerrisBueller
Formed Slee is what i got for the same reasons.

I thought I read of someone on this forum taco'ing the Slee formed sliders?

I’ve seen the slee, MT, and budbuilt options in person. All are suitable. For your use sound like MT and Slee would work fine.

I own MT and was a test fit mule for the Lx version . They’re amazing.

Found Ya @Tex68w :)

Currently researching 200 info in hopes of buying one and saw this thread.

I love slee products and been one of their customers since day one.

I had their "formed" sliders on my Tundra, and tacoed/folded them fairly easily in Death Valley on something that shouldnt of been a big deal. I'll try to add a pic

Not sure of the differences between their Tundra and 200 "formed" sliders, but i definitely wont be using them when i pick up a 200

Here is the best pic i could find of my "Formed" Slee sliders on my Tundra

Look close towards the front, this is after attempting to reform them, they were a bit worse before the attempted "fix"

tundrasliders.jpeg

Found Ya @Tex68w :)

Currently researching 200 info in hopes of buying one and saw this thread.

I love slee products and been one of their customers since day one.

I had their "formed" sliders on my Tundra, and tacoed/folded them fairly easily in Death Valley on something that shouldnt of been a big deal. I'll try to add a pic

Not sure of the differences between their Tundra and 200 "formed" sliders, but i definitely wont be using them when i pick up a 200

Haha, glad to see you over here. You're in the right place if considering a 200. How's that 5500 coming along?

Haha, glad to see you over here. You're in the right place if considering a 200. How's that 5500 coming along?

Thanks Man

It’s coming along, slowly but surely…

The never ending conundrum of, “Ok, it’s mostly done, now I’m bored and need something else to build”

😂😂😂

This has been the longest stint I’ve gone without one model or another LC, and I’m jonesing

I like the looks of the Slee Sliders the best, have had them on 2 200 builds and definitely prefer no kick out on a truck that does’t require it for the trail. The quality of any of the 3 is likely equal (MT also builds/sells awesome stuff, I have had their sliders on 80’ for 15+ years) so no bad decisions, just what you prefer.

I have considered going without, I like the looks of my Son’s who removed his, but I think it will add wear to the edge of the seats over time because of the way you fall out of the truck, unless you are very tall!
30A696F8-6C1B-4C84-B2D5-01EBF4CFE6A5.jpeg

Thanks Man

It’s coming along, slowly but surely…

The never ending conundrum of, “Ok, it’s mostly done, now I’m bored and need something else to build”

😂😂😂

This has been the longest stint I’ve gone without one model or another LC, and I’m jonesing

I get it, this 200 is the first vehicle I've never grown tired of in over 40 vehicles. I plan to keep it for many years to come. I'll go ahead and egg you on here some and tell you to get the Cruiser lol.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom