• Slee Slidersteps

Votes: 18 75.0%
  • Metal Tech

Votes: 3 12.5%
  • White Knuckle

Votes: 3 12.5%

• Total voters

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I like the looks of the Slee Sliders the best, have had them on 2 200 builds and definitely prefer no kick out on a truck that does’t require it for the trail. The quality of any of the 3 is likely equal (MT also builds/sells awesome stuff, I have had their sliders on 80’ for 15+ years) so no bad decisions, just what you prefer.

I have considered going without, I like the looks of my Son’s who removed his, but I think it will add wear to the edge of the seats over time because of the way you fall out of the truck, unless you are very tall!View attachment 3262823

I prefer the looks of the Slee best as well, they are a classic in the Toyota slider world. I had them on my 80 Series and absolutely loved them. My second choice are the MT, I had a set of those on my last FJC and I like the slight kick out at the rear for getting to things on the roof. It's going to be a tough decision but I think I have narrowed it down to those two.

I have considered going without but for starters the wife would complain, the paint on the rockers would suffer and I am that guy when it comes to odd ball randomness of disasters and I simply don't want to take any chances. It's getting sliders, period.

I get it, this 200 is the first vehicle I've never grown tired of in over 40 vehicles. I plan to keep it for many years to come. I'll go ahead and egg you on here some and tell you to get the Cruiser lol.
That is the unexplainable trait of a Land Cruiser, they age with amazing Grace!

That is the unexplainable trait of a Land Cruiser, they age with amazing Grace!

Yep, just like a Porsche. Which is probably why so many here have both in the garage.

Just another point of view…3.5 years with my ARB sliders…they have done great in mild-mod off-road. Looks amazing…like fancy OEM running boards. Probably easier to install than above. Lightweight…85 lbs or so for both sides. I think that i got them for $1100 shipped. Probably not as strong as the best out there but they work well for my needs. YMMV.

I couldn’t resist the sale, Metal Tech sliders have been ordered.

Here is the best pic i could find of my "Formed" Slee sliders on my Tundra

Look close towards the front, this is after attempting to reform them, they were a bit worse before the attempted "fix"

View attachment 3262821

Interesting. I wonder if this would have still happened now, since they have recently switched to high-strength steel (HSLA) for all of their sliders:

That said, since late last year we have transitioned to only use higher strength steel (HSLA) for all our 7 ga material in all our products. That gives us nearly twice the strength for the same thickness of A36 material.. That makes both the main slider body and all mounting legs and brackets a lot stronger with no gain in weight and we were able to keep cost the same by increasing material purchasing and standarizing on the material.

I'm not surprised you bent them with that load. Did you ever take it through a scale?

I did, right at 8500lbs.

The FWC was almost 500lbs heavier than they claimed and out me over GVWR, which is why i eventually sold it.

HOWEVER, i bent the sliders BEFORE adding the FWC, and at the time, it was just a fiberglass shell, and well under GVWR. So theres that

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom