Help identifying fuel hose (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Long time lurker, never posted. Novice here, but on my 3rd cruiser and I love them.

I just had a fuel hose fail, and a pinched fuel tube right next to it that is probably intact but I want to replace as well. I’ve looked at the diagrams and can’t figure out which part numbers or even the part names. Hoping someone can take pity on me and help identify these. Attaching a picture. Honestly not trying to inconvenience anyone or trying to get someone to source parts for me. I can do that, but I’m just struggling to make sure I am searching for the right thing. Anyway, cheers and huge thanks for any advice.
28EDB465-E11A-4E22-8DCE-681138817012.jpeg

CC6D515D-E0E8-4D88-A78F-2636D821F4E4.jpeg

Long time lurker, never posted. Novice here, but on my 3rd cruiser and I love them.

I just had a fuel hose fail, and a pinched fuel tube right next to it that is probably intact but I want to replace as well. I’ve looked at the diagrams and can’t figure out which part numbers or even the part names. Hoping someone can take pity on me and help identify these. Attaching a picture. Honestly not trying to inconvenience anyone or trying to get someone to source parts for me. I can do that, but I’m just struggling to make sure I am searching for the right thing. Anyway, cheers and huge thanks for any advice.
View attachment 3307396
View attachment 3307397

Oh I should add this is an 88’ FJ62.

You can buy some bulk fuel hose from NAPA (don't buy CCP fuel line, it's crap). Try to find USA Gates or some specialty Import parts places will have Japan or German made cloth-braided. And replace the clamps.

I think @ToyotaMatt can probably supply all this for you.

Hose Clamps/clips: 96135-51100

On my 62, I had to cut out short sections of the hard line before and after the "TUBE SUB-ASSY, FUEL PUMP" and ended up just running a short section of Gates FI line instead. That entailed flaring the ends of the hard line, though, and using a fuel injection clamp instead of the threaded fitting. It wasn't too difficult since everything was out of the truck at the time. Would be much more challenging doing that in place. But that is an option for dealing with your crimped line.

View attachment 3307396
View attachment 3307397
i'm betting the compromised one is the return line, so the kinked one is fuel feed. the fuel feed one will be high pressure, hence the different fittings
i'm betting the compromised one is the return line, so the kinked one is fuel feed. the fuel feed one will be high pressure, hence the different fittings
This is the part you're looking for. I'd be surprised if it was still available, though you might be able to find one used.

View attachment 3307440

simply put this IS @cruisermatt specialty topic

he has some repair kits all mapped out all oem parts too !

-

281338133_680338669703958_6649906290821958765_n - Copy.png

simply put this IS @cruisermatt specialty topic

-

View attachment 3307498
Awesome! I’ve always used spectre off road, so this is great to know about! Are ToyotaMatt and CruiserMatt one and the same? Suggestions on reaching out? Just checked out CruiserMatts webpage and could just reach via their contact email I suppose. I’m also looking for a power steering pump. Thanks for the advice!

Awesome! I’ve always used spectre off road, so this is great to know about! Are ToyotaMatt and CruiserMatt one and the same? Suggestions on reaching out? Just checked out CruiserMatts webpage and could just reach via their contact email I suppose. I’m also looking for a power steering pump. Thanks for the advice!

no ,
im @ToyotaMatt
he is @cruisermatt

we sometimes get mixed up by folks , i am not sure why ?
:idea:

20508d5044487dd4568d359729d43e50 - Copy.jpg

Send an email, happy to get you squared away with those. Pretty sure I have everything in stock.

I have kits for this stuff but unfortunately not OEM as Toyota no longer supports these parts.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom