Help Identifying Factory Wheels (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hello, getting a 98 here soon, and I'm wanting to upgrade the wheels from the generic style you see on most. I've searched quite a bit, but can only come up with websites in Australia offering a similar style wheels for a 100-series. Over there they're listed as 17X8, and I've seen some US Spec 100's with the wheels pictured below that I believe are 16's?

I'd like to find a source for them, but hard to do without more information like a name or part number.

Screenshot_20230806-204108.png

That is a 2007-2013 18- inch Tundra wheel.
It has a center cap from a 16-inch 100-series wheel to clear the front hub grease cap. The Tundra center doesn't fit over it.

Some use wheel spacers in order to fit the Tundra center caps or use a hole saw to clear the grease cap.
Search for Tundra wheels on 100-series.

Did you have any clearance or rubbing issues, probably want to stay 16 or only go up 17. Really not a fan of running spacers either.
No spacers and no rubbing. That was before I chopped my rockers out. If you look closer in the photos, you’ll see the rockers are now rectangular tubing. I now run 305/55/R20 with no rubbing, no spacers, and no lift. That said, if I hit bump stops up front I do scuff my upper inner fender liner slightly.

Edit: For any other tire/rim size concerns, the FAQ on the 100 series tech home is a great resource.

Thanks guys, just committed to a set (5-wheels) of really nice 16x6.5's 100-series steelies from the Middle East.

Reactions: GTV
These are what I'm getting, including caps and lug nuts.

Know a guy here in the US that has a contract over in Saudi Arabia.

It will be six months before I see them as they will be in the back of a vehicle he's working on importing.

24276~2.jpeg

24275~2.jpeg

24278.jpeg

Those steel wheels you have pictured, are those JDM or European market 100-series wheels. In the Middle East, all the ones I see are the steelies like I got, or typical aluminum like what the US market has.

Those steel wheels you have pictured, are those JDM or European market 100-series wheels. In the Middle East, all the ones I see are the steelies like I got, or typical aluminum like what the US market has.

Don't know, PO called them "Rest of World" steelies so "Non-North America" OEM but I'm pretty sure they aren't JDM. I think someone identified them as readily available in Australia in another wheel thread. I'll try to find it...

Edit: LOL, I said the same thing about those center caps in this thread that I apparently started looking for advice on wheel spacers.

A gentleman from Brisbane ID'd them as optional on the 100 in Australia.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom