HELP - Garage fire 🔥 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Question about the one picture. Were there wheels/tires on the front axle? Is the rear fender flare metal or some other material? Last was that rear tire in the picture there during the fire? We had a forest fire go thru the area our cabin is at. Have pictures on a hard drive of three jeeps that burned so did the tires.

Question about the one picture. Were there wheels/tires on the front axle? Is the rear fender flare metal or some other material? Last was that rear tire in the picture there during the fire? We had a forest fire go thru the area our cabin is at. Have pictures on a hard drive of three jeeps that burned so did the tires.
Yeah I was working on the brakes so it was sitting on jackstands but one wheel was still on it. some how that tire is still holding air even though all blistered and melted. The flairs are steel.

My FJ40 project just got kicked in the ball sack but I don’t give up easily. First I have to build a garage again, but when that’s done I need a wiring harness. Does nobody make one? I can’t find one anywhere.
The FJ40 was from 3/80.

View attachment 2888700
Sorry about your garage.

my garage burned down back in summer 2018. Lost a motorcycle and many other valuables. we got over it and rebuilt bigger and better. I still do cry for my bike from time to time.

If you’re going to be dealing with homeowners, my #1 advise would be to be weary of them.

Very sorry to see your cruiser burned up.

I agree with Mark, don't be hasty. Get your ducks in a row. My homeowners insurance did not cover any of my Land Cruisers and or parts. I did go get an appraisal to submit to the wildfire committee. I've heard of some people that will take certain parts and say they were part of a steampunk/ retro bench and have a couple fenders put together. LOL. That way the house insurance can cover it. Could you post a couple extra pictures of your vehicle. As long as the temperature didn't get exceedingly hot there will be a lot to save. I noticed that your headlights are still intact as well as the rear tire.

Again, sorry for your loss. But it sounds like you have a can do attitude and you'll have it back together in no time!

Please call upon me for parts when you rebuild. I would be glad to help donate to your cruiser cause.

Cheers
KevO

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom