Help..... fuel pressure gauge, what size is this connector (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Website
www.grenadaseafaris.com
Have a very intermittent power loss of problem on my 1995 lc80 4.5, decided I should fit a fuel pressure gauge to see if it drops when the power drops off, coming from the fuel filter is a flexible fuel hose about a foot long the connects to a metal pipe, I would like to place an adapter here to take the 1/8 fuel pressure sender, I am trying to work out what size this connector is to order the adapter, already got it wrong once and that cost me 30 bucks so don't want to do that too often.
Anybody got any ideas, took the pipe down to my hardware store and nothing good to match up with it in the plumbing section, ordered something from the Internet and struck out again,

image.jpg

Hmmm I had/have a very similar problem. I am away from my 80 until tomorrow but I hooked up my gauge to a different location. Maybe at fuel pressure regulator or at back of fuel rail with banjo fitting. I'll have to look to see if it is obvious. I do remember I was limited by the length of the gauge hose.

Mine turned out to be a fault in the circuit opening relay pointing to the MAF or the dizzy

I'll try and dig up my temp fix... That's still in place cause it works so well :D
image.png

Mine turned out to be a fault in the circuit opening relay pointing to the MAF or the dizzy
The COR is triggered by the ECU and feeds the fuel pump relay. It has nothing to do with the distributor.
That relay should be hot when the starter is cranking and when the MAF senses air movement.
Leaving the jumper in place will cause the FP to run whenever the key is in the ON position. In the event of a collision that causes a motor stall or ruptures a fuel line, this could turn out to be a very poor choice.

I do appreciate the input.

I've swapped COR , FPR , MAF and ECU with no effect and still had stalling issues. Esp with hot ambient temps. The dizzy tidbit was gleaned here from the marvles of mud and another well respected member. Only solution I had to get home and I understand the consequences. Turns out I make a better landscape architect than electrical engineer but will dig further before I turn to a roasted marshmallow.

Just trying to give the op a direction to look in as mine was a bear to track down to that point for me

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom