HELP! Death Wobble. Mechanic Arizona (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Subject has arrived…. 😂😂

IMG_9915.jpeg

your gonna have to show us the offending dirty bits underneath

Not to be argumentative but I’ve always understood that the stabilizer/damper is not a cause with a healthy steering/axle setup. It may mask the issue, but it’s not a cause.

Death wobble usually occurs to loose/worn steering parts, axle trunion hubs etc.
I do remember back in the day when I leaved in Jacksonville, Fl, I purchased my very first 75 fj40 and then another one, a 76, popped up with with all kinds of extra parts so I bought it too. Anyhow, I found a steering stabilizer in the pile was curious if i could keep as a spare. I went ahead and tested, and sure enough I got the death wobble...when it I quickly figured out why it called the death wobble. Swapped it back to original and all was fine. I was running old school 32 mudders. Thinking back pretty I'm sure it probably had other steering issues but I was not experienced enough. Needlessly the introduction to the death wobble took me by surprise and could not slow it down fast enough was what I remembered.

@ernst1101, once sorted, you need to tell the community what the culprit and the solution was, please.
Death Wobble always is a great source for discussions and speculation.

Good Luck and nevertheless a wonderful season 🎄 Cheers Ralf

So damn awesome.
Yes panhard bushing problem.

It was easy to trigger the wobble on bad road with hard pumped tires and around a certain speed. After the change of the bushings it did not happen anymore. Cool. 😃👍🏻

@OGBeno help us coming back on the road. Thanks 🙏. Great service!

And tonight we camp in heavy rain but happy 😊

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom