Help Confirm & Identify a Leak (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Order this kit from Joey.

Also change anything else prone to failure at your milage while you're in there. I just tore through mine. Demso alternator, water pump, modded clutch fan etc. Joey has most all the parts you'll need

Ordered this crank holder tool. Worked like a champ.

Bought a 3/4 breaker bar and Tekton torque when along with 30mm socket. Honestly was a hundred times easier than I thought it would be. Having the correct tools made it easy.

The only part I found sketchy was the oil pump housing screws. Joey gives you The Best Quality bits to remove the factory Toyota Phillips screws. I ended up using my Milwaukee 1/2 impact to remove the stubborn two the seemed to want to strip out. Firm solid pressure on them and they backed right out. Such a relief.

Figured I type it all out for the next person looking during a search.

Hope yours goes well

Get a cheap set of picks and spend some time cleaning out the heads if the screws after hitting them with degreaser. Use a impact if have one and push hard on the back of the drill to ensure good purchase.

I got all mine out without any fuss this way.

Get a cheap set of picks and spend some time cleaning out the heads if the screws after hitting them with degreaser. Use a impact if have one and push hard on the back of the drill to ensure good purchase.

I got all mine out without any fuss this way.
I made sure my screws were thoroughly degreased and clean before I attempted. Great call @davidp14 I forgot to mention that very important step.

I went back and looked at my build thread about this. apparently I only paid $12 for the rental tool :D

Also I replaced almost everything I took off with new parts. While You're In There (WYIT), or "how many times do you want to tear this thing apart?"

I skipped the pully holding tool and used the 14mm socket on the flex plate method. Worked like a champ.

Use the 3/4" harbor freight breaker bar with my 4ft jack handle over it for leverage. Didn't have to pull hard to break the nut free with that.

I also bought a 600ft torque wrench on amazon for the install. It's also 4ft long so plenty of leverage to get it correct.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom