Help! At a dealer far from home and need AHC advice (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

^^^^ as @abuck99 said. Likely one of your shocks is leaking. If that rate of decline continues, it's a bad leak. Did you notice one shock wet during your inspection of undercarriage. It would have been dripping wet to loose that much!
No leaks when I looked .... but I didn’t look after hearing the gurgling noted above.

You could stop at ACC in Atlanta. They would likely be able to help you out.

Good Luck and if anything, keep topping off that AHC fluid as others have mentioned.

You could stop at ACC in Atlanta. They would likely be able to help you out.

Good Luck and if anything, keep topping off that AHC fluid as others have mentioned.
I’m on my way to ACC. Great first impression on the phone! Thanks for the tip.

I’m on my way to ACC. Great first impression on the phone! Thanks for the tip.

Those guys are top-notch. Be prepared to possibly gut the AHC. If you have a leaking strut along with a possible bad globe or two and weakened coils (rear springs), I'd say it's time to go conventional. If it's just one thing, I'd repair it and keep the AHC. It's a great suspension when maintained. But, if it's been neglected a lot, then swapping it out is probably cheaper once you consider that a complete ToughDog or IronMan kit will come in around $1500 and include new TBs and coils. Good luck and keep us posted. You're in EXCELLENT hands with the guys at ACC.

Miles on vehicle? Sorry if I missed it. Sounds like a leak to me. Definitely check shocks first. If you have bad globes I bought mine on eBay (oem)and paid the dealer to install them. I got them for half the price the dealer wanted. Most dealers will install Lexus/Toyota parts that you supply.

First things first: the people at ACC in Atlanta are crazy responsive, nice and obsessed with all things Land Cruiser. Like touring a museum.

Second - nothing wrong with the AHC that they could find. Their best guess was some air was trapped in the system from a less than great flush/bleed. Rear shocks showing some wear but nothing to get excited about.

Fluid levels held steady from this morning.

Thanks to ACC and those here who recommended them.

Awesome news

Have a great trip back to Maine

Reactions: tjb
I would hit up a car wash and do the under carriage treatment too. Then drive some more miles then check all over. Hopefully it's a simple line at the top of the shock that came loose. Crazy Lexus cabt find it.

Awesome. That is great news.

First things first: the people at ACC in Atlanta are crazy responsive, nice and obsessed with all things Land Cruiser. Like touring a museum.

Second - nothing wrong with the AHC that they could find. Their best guess was some air was trapped in the system from a less than great flush/bleed. Rear shocks showing some wear but nothing to get excited about.

Fluid levels held steady from this morning.

Thanks to ACC and those here who recommended them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom