low neutral and high AHC lights flash on and off from turning on seat heater or opening door (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I have never seen this AHC issue posted anywhere on mud.

My AHC system is in working order, but sometimes it goes out of order

My two out of order scenarios are
All the lights turn off - L,N,H,Off - high adjustment does not work in this mode but ride quality is very smooth
It is stuck in low until I get out of the and jump up and down on the rear trailer hitch, then it will rise to neutral or to high is I select high. Once it is in high, it will stay in high even if I am driving on the freeway! It has the high light illuminated with neutral light blinking

The simple act of turning on a seat heater or opening up the door will cause the low, neutral, high, and off lights on the dash to all flicker on and off!

They will flicker over ten times in a row sometimes and will sometimes all go out at which point my AHC does not function.

I have done the following 3 things with no improvement
Swapped CPUs and cleaned the wire contacts
Cleaned the fuses
Swapped the AHC relay with the ABS relay

AHC is designed to work with the doors closed. Open them midway through going up/down and the system will pause until the doors are closed again.

I'm not opening them midway through up/down. I am just opening up my doors and then the lights on the dash start spasming erratically.

I believe I have two different issues going on here.

one is a height sensor mismatch which is causing my to be stuck in low or high, but the other thing with the rapid blinking of all the AHC light I can not quite figure out.

I will do the rapid blink with or without the doors open, but opening the doors or turning on the car will trigger this to happen sometimes, but not all the time or most of the time. It happens sporadically.

Does it happen after rain? Clogged sunroof drains causing rain water to run into the fuse panels in the footwells can wreak havoc on electrics.
I park indoors, I've kept an eye on those fuse panels and haven't seen any signs of moisture getting back there. Also made sure that the guy who replaced my windshield did a good job sealing it up properly.

I should look at the back of those fuse panels and see if there is any corrosion going on

It hasn't been doing the flickering thing for several days now, but it comes and goes.

I got 2 new height sensors coming Friday. I replaced the front left one recently because the wires broke going into the sensor. I think I may have a big enough difference in height between the two front sensors that it doesn't want to cooperate with going up or down, but will go up or down if I jump up and down on the trailer hitch or rock the car back and forth

I had the repetitive L,N,H light blinking problem before the height sensor got replaced.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom