Hello All, New Member Here with the customary intro!! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Long time listener, first time caller!!

A little about me, Im a proud Canadian Cruiser living on the Eastern slope of the Rocky Mountain foothills (Alberta, Canada)
I'm currently the proud owner of 2 BJ60's (both 3b + 4 speed manual) and a 99 LX470 (which I will save for the appropriate tech section). Ive owned 5 other cruisers (40, 45, 60, 70 & 100) over the last 5-7 years so its safe to say I'm already quite far down the proverbial rabbit hole !!!

So, I'm about to finally begin the restoration of BJ60 #1 with the donor help from 60 #2 and figured that since Ive already waited way too long to become a contributing member, what better time than now (since I find myself with lots of extra time on account of COVID and what may prove to be a permanently depressed oil producing industry here in Alberta).

Anyways, enough chit chat, lets get to some of the good stuff (Sorry in advance, no pics yet, stay tuned for the builds!!)

BJ60 - #1
- Purchased from the original owner a few years back
- Desert Sand
- 1981 (built midway through '80) And if I recall correctly its number 00000136 off the assembly line!
- 3B and 4 speed manual
- Currently has 260,xxx kms ( about 161 miles)
- body is RUSTY AF but the frame and all other components are very solid

BJ60 #2
- Pretty nice solid body with minimal rust which will be salvage to breath life into to vehicle body #1
- Some sorta Blue colour that I'm not sure of originality on
- 1984 I think
- 3B and 4 speed
- 450,000km runs pretty strong with minimal smoke
- SOON TO BE PARTED OUT

Well that's about it for now, I'm really looking forward to more time spent chatting with everyone here and an especially big thanks goes out to the 3 of you that will read this to its very end!! haha

Happy Cruising!

Welcome. We need pictures here or else we start in with the FJ jokes

OK, I'll start digging to find some... I certainly wouldn't want to get lumped in with those jokes/jokers!! haha

Calm down man, what you mean Canadian cruisers Are rusty !! :grinpimp:

Haha... in all seriousness though, some provinces certainly are better than others based on their road salt (or Ocean salt)!! How are things in NB? Ive never been East of Ontario (For shame, I know)

Another Canucklehead. Do you have a spare decent tailgate? Mine was previously in an accident and got bent up and they tried to bend it back and filled in with bondo that's rusting. It's functional and fixable but easier just to get one that's not busted up.

Haha... in all seriousness though, some provinces certainly are better than others based on their road salt (or Ocean salt)!! How are things in NB? Ive never been East of Ontario (For shame, I know)

SALTY !! HA, but very beautiful , as my work takes me across Canada, I kinda fell in love with the East coast.

Here we go, I dug up a few older photots that should do for now, hope the quality is ok

IMG_4253.PNG

IMG_4255.PNG

IMG_4246.PNG

IMG_4251.PNG

IMG_4252.PNG

Another Canucklehead. Do you have a spare decent tailgate? Mine was previously in an accident and got bent up and they tried to bend it back and filled in with bondo that's rusting. It's functional and fixable but easier just to get one that's not busted up.

Ill have the one off the Sand coloured truck but ts pretty friggen rusty. PM me for a reminder in a few days if you don't mind. THanks!

I drove to Calgary and back a few weeks ago in the beginning of the pandemic. Beautiful drive but bloody cold!!!! Friendly people

If it's rusty never mind. Mine isn't that bad. Why aren't you parting out the rusty one and keeping the clean one?

I drove to Calgary and back a few weeks ago in the beginning of the pandemic. Beautiful drive but bloody cold!!!! Friendly people

Hey Mark, I spend as much time on the warm side of the rockies as possible. haha. Mostly hiking, fishing and skiing

I do love Calgary for its Sunshine and friendly folk too! BRRRRR

If it's rusty never mind. Mine isn't that bad. Why aren't you parting out the rusty one and keeping the clean one?

Yeah so I would have done a full body swap of the blue to the Sand coloured chasis and drivetrain but blue has some hail damage on the roof and hood. What ill end up taking are all six doors plus the inner wheel wells from the blue one so everything is pretty straight across. Then Ill be parting out almost everything else from the blue one

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom