Heater Valve (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
so I'm troubleshooting my heater that has just stopped putting out warm air. Blowing ice cold. Want to inspect the heater valve first. Can anyone tell me the best way to find it? How to check it? Thanks in advance.

Heater valve is actually highest valve on the firewall almost directly above the valve cover (or atleast it is on the 60).

Is your truck actually heating up and getting to temp? What about the rear heater, is it working? Does the Heater EVER get warm or just stay luke warmish?

Could be that your t-stat is dead and needs to be replaced.

have someone move the hot-cold temp range lever in the cab and watch outside under the hood to see if cable moves the heater control valve.
Check to see if when engine warmed up and heat on max hot, are the hoses goinng in and out of the heater core "hot".

But....a majority of heater issues relate to thermostat and rubber washer in thermostat housing. Has the thermostat and rubber washer ever been changed?

Other not so common issue with heat is a restricted or partially blocked heater core.

My approach is if I have not clue if the thermostat and rubber washer have ever been changed and I have no heat ...I would look there. Unless there are other variables in the mix (low coolant, heater control valve inop).

What does the engine temp gauge reflect ? normal operating temps?

So the rear heater works fine. I replaced t stat and washer about 3 years ago. Engine heats up to 1st hash on the gauge and that's with outside temp at about 25 degrees.

If the rear heater works fine but not the front, the front isn't getting coolant flowing through the heater core... for one reason or another.

Sometimes heater cores get full of crud. Back flushing with the garden hose usually works.

check heater valve operation as noted, if good then flush the heater core with some appropriate cleaning solution.

Hi, In Texas the water is tough on rubber parts. If you filled 3 years ago with regular water instead of distilled water your rubber gasket in thermostat is probably eaten up. Mike

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom