Heat Riser Block Off Plates for your F/2F (5 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I live in North Idaho, it gets cold in the winter, how much will this affect my cold start ups?
I think I need this, because the bushing for my heat riser flap is leaking.
Thanks!

I live in North Idaho, it gets cold in the winter, how much will this affect my cold start ups?
I think I need this, because the bushing for my heat riser flap is leaking.
Thanks!

I don't have any empirical data but there are many running them in the cold winters around the US. I'd say it will run better with the block-off plate than it does with an exhaust leak :D

I don't have any empirical data but there are many running them in the cold winters around the US. I'd say it will run better with the block-off plate than it does with an exhaust leak :D
Great point! Sign me up! I'll be calling to buy one in the next week.

I know, I will need to plug that. But that is easier than finding a way to replicate a new bushing to make it functional again. My plate was disintegrated and just laying in the manifold when I separated the intake and exhaust. When I pulled the shaft out, there was a TON of play. I could easily see through the gap between the bushing and shaft.

I don’t think the block off plate install will stop the exhaust leak at the heat riser shaft bushing.

It definitely will not but you can tap/plug or weld shut when you have them apart and remove the heat riser flap and shaft.

Random thought, but do you think it would be possible to use this to attach a hi-po ’68 intake to a 2F exhaust manifold? Use the F gasket on top, 2F plate, 2F gasket on bottom, and two bolts to clamp the plate to the extra 2F holes? Think that would be enough to keep the exhaust from leaking?

Random thought, but do you think it would be possible to use this to attach a hi-po ’68 intake to a 2F exhaust manifold? Use the F gasket on top, 2F plate, 2F gasket on bottom, and two bolts to clamp the plate to the extra 2F holes? Think that would be enough to keep the exhaust from leaking?

Hmmm, good question. I'd be very suspect the dimensions would work but we'd love to help you try :D

No, similar thickness as the plate they replace.
The F intake/exhaust manifolds do not have a plate in between like the 2F engines do. If a plate is added to an F manifold setup, do the mating surfaces need to be machined down to compensate for the thickness of the plate and additional gasket to keep the mounting bolt holes aligned?

The F intake/exhaust manifolds do not have a plate in between like the 2F engines do. If a plate is added to an F manifold setup, do the mating surfaces need to be machined down to compensate for the thickness of the plate and additional gasket to keep the mounting bolt holes aligned?

If used with two gaskets high may need to slightly open up the mounting holes on the manifold combo

Thank you for the information! Can the plate be installed with one gasket?

Some have but if you have a substantial crack in the intake floor, you may create the very vacuum leak you‘re trying to fix but even the plate alone will keep some heat off that manifold.

The butterfly valve in my exhaust manifold is missing. I would be installing this plate to reduce the heat onto the intake manifold. The intake manifold is not cracked - trying to keep it that way. How thick is the plate?
Some have but if you have a substantial crack in the intake floor, you may create the very vacuum leak you‘re trying to fix but even the plate alone will keep some heat off that manifold.
The butterfly valve in my exhaust manifold is missing. I would be installing this plate to reduce the heat onto the intake manifold. The intake manifold is currently not cracked - trying to keep it that way. How thick is the plate?

The butterfly valve in my exhaust manifold is missing. I would be installing this plate to reduce the heat onto the intake manifold. The intake manifold is not cracked - trying to keep it that way. How thick is the plate?

Ping the shop (info@cruiseroutfitters.com) and they can get you an accurate thickness measurement.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom