Heat Riser Block Off Plates for your F/2F (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

cruiseroutfit

Supporting Vendor
Threads
Website
cruiseroutfitters.com
Suffering from a cracked intake manifold on your F or 2F engine?

cracked manifold.jpg

Many F/2F equipped Land Cruisers suffer from a cracked intake causing a major vacuum leak and poor running conditions. It's possible to have your intake professionally tig-weld repaired but we have a much cheaper alternative. These stainless steel Heat Riser Block-Off Plates fit between your exhaust manifold and intake manifold in place of the stock heat riser insulator preventing any vacuum leak or air movement between the two, restoring your running conditions.

heat_riser_blockoff.jpg

Part# EGEXHRPE - Early Model (69-1/75 F w/3-Bolt Style Gasket)
Part# EGEXHRPL - Late Model (1/75-8/87 2F w/5 bolt style Gasket)

Block-off plates are $22.50 each and we recommend you purchase the heat riser gaskets at the same time, one for each side of the block-off plate. It's also a good time to swap out your intake/exhaust manifold gasket while you have it taken apart:

Part# EGEX60031 - Heat Riser Gasket 69-1/75 F - $5.50/each
Part# EGEX61011 - Heat Riser Gasket 1/75-8/87 2F - $5.50/each
Part# EGEX60030 - Intake/Exhaust Manifold Gasket 69-1/75 F - $15.50/each
Part# EGEX61041 - Intake/Exhaust Manifold Gasket 1/75-8/87 2F - $25.50/each
Please call (801-563-1277) if you would like to inquire about current stock or place an order.

EGEX60031 (Small).jpg

(EGEX60031)

EGEX61011 (Small).jpg

(EGEX61011)

EGEX60030 (Small).jpg

(EGEX60030)

Please call/email the shop if you would like to place an order:
801-563-1277 - info@cruiseroutfitters.com
www.cruiseroutfitters.com

Last edited:
Thanks Kurt! Silly question, but I have always wondered - do these change the gap dimension between the intake and exhaust manifolds?

No, similar thickness as the plate they replace.

Anyone know the thickness? I have a plate like the one above, but it looks to be much thicker than the pictures of the plates above appear. My plate is 1/4".

For some reason the PO drilled two tapped holes in the middle area of it that are roughly the diameter of the other bolt holes in the plate. Odd.

Anyone know the thickness? I have a plate like the one above, but it looks to be much thicker than the pictures of the plates above appear. My plate is 1/4".

For some reason the PO drilled two tapped holes in the middle area of it that are roughly the diameter of the other bolt holes in the plate. Odd.

That isn't a heat riser block off plate but rather a heat "exchanger" for use with headers only. The tapped holes were to run coolant in/out of that space to heat up the manifold. Same shape as our block off plate, just totally different :D

That isn't a heat riser block off plate but rather a heat "exchanger" for use with headers only. The tapped holes were to run coolant in/out of that space to heat up the manifold. Same shape as our block off plate, just totally different :D
Awww, crap. Your shipment already arrived! Shouldn't have cancelled it.

Awww, crap. Your shipment already arrived! Shouldn't have cancelled it.

I can easily put one in an envelope and mail it out. Let us know!

If these are still available I need one for an 85. Shoot me a pm in details

If these are still available I need one for an 85. Shoot me a pm in details

Totally abvailable!

Give us a shout at the shop and we can get you all taken care of: 801-563-1277

Do you have/know of any guidance on how to install the plates? Photos or youtube video? Thanks.

Do you have/know of any guidance on how to install the plates? Photos or youtube video? Thanks.

The plate simply installs between the intake and the exhaust manifold, with a gasket on either side.

EGEXHRPE.JPG

Hopefully this helps!

The plate simply installs between the intake and the exhaust manifold, with a gasket on either side.

View attachment 1801382

Hopefully this helps!

Thanks. I have the carb pulled and rebuilt it over the weekend with a kit from you guys. I also have the plate. Your rep did not recommend new gaskets but only the plate. So I'm hoping the existing gaskets will be good. Will I need to remove the carb heat shield and/or intake manifold to get this plate in between, or will it squeeze in without removal?

Thanks. I have the carb pulled and rebuilt it over the weekend with a kit from you guys. I also have the plate. Your rep did not recommend new gaskets but only the plate. So I'm hoping the existing gaskets will be good. Will I need to remove the carb heat shield and/or intake manifold to get this plate in between, or will it squeeze in without removal?

Hello again Nate,

I don't know if you saw this above:

"Block-off plates are $22.50 each and we recommend you purchase the heat riser gaskets at the same time, one for each side of the block-off plate. It's also a good time to swap out your intake/exhaust manifold gasket while you have it taken apart:"

I personally would recommend you replace any gaskets you're going to be touching. Intake, carb, etc. Unfortunately on our end we have no way to know what condition they are in but for the cost I'd have them on hand.

Take a peek at the diagram, I don't believe you'll be able to pull the bolts that hold the two-halves of the manifold without the heat shield removed. I've honestly never tried. There are gaskets both on top and below the heat shield that customers generally order when doing that job too.

Just looking around here for some advice for my 82 FJ60 and saw this post. I have the MAF one piece header. Installed the plate with the two holes. When running the inlet and outlet hoses. What is the best place to tap into the coolant? Do I need to pick up three way fitting? Does anyone have any pictures?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom