Headlight Socket Seals (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I replaced the damaged passenger side headlight about ~1.5 years ago and everything was swell...so I thought. I was in there doing bulbs today and noticed the bulb on the passenger side was quite dusty and upon inspection so was the inside of the new headlight :frown:. Turns out a new Toyota assembly does not come with the rubber dust boots that go around the socket and I threw mine out with the old headlight :bang:. The part numbers are below, but they appear to be discontinued. Anyone have some sitting around or know where I can source a set? Whats the best way to clean all the dust out of my new headlight?

Capture.PNG

yep been down that road...had to just get a used one from the parts rig.

Depos come with them. You can probably see if the manufacturer will well you just those

Got a link? Didn’t have much luck finding their supplier, only mention they are discontinued but can be found on eBay.

you’ll have to go through eBay. There’s two sellers one in Cali and the other in like Latvia. But I’d assume either would be able to get those if it’s possible. Seems like the best bet since even used headlights are still expensive.

Or just buy the depos since stock headlights suckkk

The complete headlamp assembly should have come with the rubber dust covers along with new bulbs. If you bought just the "lens and housing" as shown in the diagram above, they did not come with any of the small parts (bulb, dust cover, molding). Unfortunately they both appear to be discontinued.

FWIW, both my 80's are also missing the bulb dustcovers, but the bulbs themselves have a ?silicone rubber washer which seems to be keeping the dust out.

Maybe someone can 3D print a batch of the dustcovers??

Last edited:
The complete headlamp assembly should have come with the rubber dust covers along with new bulbs. If you bought just the "lens and housing" as shown in the diagram above, they did not come with any of the small parts (bulb, dust cover, molding). Unfortunately they both appear to be discontinued.

FWIW, both my 80's are also missing the bulb dustcovers, but the bulbs themselves have a ?silicone rubber washer which seems to be keeping the dust out.

Maybe someone can 3D print a batch of the dustcovers??

The rubber o-ring just seals off the reflector part, but it's not impervious to dust since the reflector is just suspended in there (sort of). If you take out your headlight, you will easily see how dust gets in there. I washed my headlight by sloshing around a mix of water/windex, then bought a broken headlight assembly here on Mud to get the seals.

I'll have to take a closer look at my headlights for dirt inside.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom