Headlight Retrofit for 2008 - 2011 LX570 (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Have a 2008 LX570, stock bulb burned last night, so came here to find awesome replacement, found thread, started to buy the original recommended bulb, but on amazon now it shows there is a slight better upgrade, here so buying this, it seems to be really deep, so buying the Lasfit DC1012 extended caps as some have needed and will report in about a week when everything arrives if / how they fit with the new Acme-X version.

So..
Have a 2008 LX570, stock bulb burned last night, so came here to find awesome replacement, found thread, started to buy the original recommended bulb, but on amazon now it shows there is a slight better upgrade, here so buying this, it seems to be really deep, so buying the Lasfit DC1012 extended caps as some have needed and will report in about a week when everything arrives if / how they fit with the new Acme-X version.
So, the bulb fits, without a cover it moves fully and no issue. With the cover i bought, the back of the bulb hits when it's at the extremity of the aiming on the bare edge where I put blue circle. it would need to be more like where the red is to actually allow the back of the much larger fan housing to sit. (One nice thing is the new design does not have the separate cable and such, it's all-in-one.). i'm still searching for one that is more square and still has a 3.41" diameter.

Buying this as i think it'll work, according to the ruler, but we shall see in reality...

1644285838008.png

1644286008580.png

1644285900198.png
1644287548483.png

Last edited:
So..

So, the bulb fits, without a cover it moves fully and no issue. With the cover i bought, the back of the bulb hits when it's at the extremity of the aiming on the bare edge where I put blue circle. it would need to be more like where the red is to actually allow the back of the much larger fan housing to sit. (One nice thing is the new design does not have the separate cable and such, it's all-in-one.). i'm still searching for one that is more square and still has a 3.41" diameter.

Buying this as i think it'll work, according to the ruler, but we shall see in reality...

View attachment 2917912
View attachment 2917920
View attachment 2917915View attachment 2917952
The hikari bulbs work without having to change the cover.

707B4F29-8EA2-4BA8-BD75-79BEAE4F3F02.png

FWIW - Hikari LED Lightbulbs are Amazon's lightning deal of the day. Around 20-25% off.

Bonus: Order 2 pairs and get additional 5% off from Hikari

Has anyone updated their front turn signals? I think this is the right bulb just wondering if a new LED specific relay has been used by another member or needed
Hello, did you (or anyone else) replace their front turn signal bulb? I ordered some from Amazon but now I can't seem to find the bulb in order to replace it

Hello, did you (or anyone else) replace their front turn signal bulb? I ordered some from Amazon but now I can't seem to find the bulb in order to replace it

It’s a pain. You might be able to get to it by removing the wheel liner. I only know because I chopped up my bumper skin when installing my bullbar.

So..

View attachment 2917912
View attachment 2917920
View attachment 2917915View attachment 2917952
Hey there, I know this is old, but did you ever find a cap that works with the Hikari bulbs?

Hey there, I know this is old, but did you ever find a cap that works with the Hikari bulbs?
I used a part marked Toyota Highlander lx570 from lasfit for my recent hid install. Would also fit for led.

I used a part marked Toyota Highlander lx570 from lasfit for my recent hid install. Would also fit for led.
I believe those are the ones that Elephant mentioned above that didn't work for him. I was going to order them prior to seeing this, but they are out if stock everywhere anyway, and the company doesn't have an eta. Thanks though!

These are all the same. There is another one that carries the dome all the way to the edge, but I think it’s only on aliexpress

Yes, that's what I bought. It "works" to the point that I can close the cover and pull the AFS fuse and headlights are straight on.

But doesn't allow it to AFS anymore and just barely hits at full angle.

One of my Hikari LED just failed after 3 years. I've ordered a different LED replacement and am looking for the rear extended dust cover. Anyone have a lead on one that works with the AFS?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom