Headlight Grill Replacement Retainers and Adjustment Screws (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Title says it all.

Looking for replacement plastic retainers for screwing in the grill.

Also looking to find replacement screws that are used for adjusting the angle on the bulb. There are two per each headlight. But they have a lip to them.

If NLA, what are people using as alternatives?

Bought some stainless steel replacement machine screws for the cages, but would like to get new hardware all the way around.

Thank you!

IMG_20190324_144512682_HDR.jpg

IMG_20190324_174524117.jpg

IMG_20190324_174529687.jpg

those doo dads are still available from Toyota

Yup, I could paste in the part numbers but I feel really lazy. Ugh. Screw it. Sort through it, this is basically everything for headlamps. I got lazy and stopped putting quantities I ordered. Whoops.

81119-1A270Headlamp Adjusting Screw
90160-40002Corner Lamp Mounting Screws (8)
90189-04069Corner Lamp Mounting Grommets (8)
90154-50001Headlight Door Mounting Screws (8)
90189-05013Headlight Door Mounting Grommets (8)
93311-16012Screw W Washer
81121-62010Spring Adjusting
81136-12571Headlamp Assembly Screw
81111-89117Sealed Beam Retainer Ring (Left and Right)
90189-05013Headlamp Self Locking nut (grommet)

This should go in the FAQ.

I bought some retainers from Ace. I did have to trim a mm or so off but they tapped in fine and hold the screws in tight.

Thank you everyone for the feedback. I was able to find the 16 small screws that hold in the four headlights on the 62 at about $0.17/each. So that was great over at Ace Hardware, but the adjusting screw and the grommet/self-locking nut were obnoxious.

Appreciate all the part numbers @mattressking and the link @Borrego . I took a look last weekend @NeverGiveUpYota at my Ace Hardware ( when I was able to get some of the screws) but they were lacking in their assortment. Nice to know that 1. They are still available and 2. I can buy 25 of them for under $10 on the internetz.

Everyone has their own style , mattressking. When necessary, my “due diligence “ usually begins with the member. Why there are times when I already know the answer before asking the question and it really sets the stage...call it “Prue” due diligence. Thanx for setting me back on track with your response of laziness. You’re a true SubGenius.

Everyone has their own style , mattressking. When necessary, my “due diligence “ usually begins with the member. Why there are times when I already know the answer before asking the question and it really sets the stage...call it “Prue” due diligence. Thanx for setting me back on track with your response of laziness. You’re a true SubGenius.

I put part numbers out for people to use after doing my own legwork. What you do with it is your own business.

6822AC59-FFE1-46D5-BD2B-FC2A95A65E83.jpeg

I am with Mattressking on this one. I post a great many detailed photos on my build threads. The idea is to provide reference of some of the areas of the truck that many never took apart or have an unfounded fear of tackling. Things just seem easier when someone else has done it and there are photos of it. The thing that bugs me is people asking me for part numbers.

I do this stuff for a living. I research parts ALL THE TIME. It has a cost factor to it, time is money. I do not know any businessmen willing to give away their work product. But rather than look at a photo, see the parts used and figure it out from there I get asked for part numbers all the time. Do a little research, it's all out there. Mattressking and I found them :)

Hey gang, just finding this thread. Any chance anyone has a specific name or part number for me to purchase these grommets / plastic screw holders for my FJ62 headlamp grills? I'm in the same boat as the first image posted here whereas I have the screws / new chrome grills but all the plastic holders are rotted out. See options online but unsure of which ones will fit or work for me?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom