Headlight conversion 7” round (3 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

3 piece grille does have a really nice look to it. @kelly saad must love you more than everyone else

Have you done any 60 series looking grills for the 80?

Have you done any 60 series looking grills for the 80?
Not sure how to answer that. So many people want a 60 grille on their 80 and all I can do is make a slotted version that looks kinda similar.

These are 80 series headlight housings that use the factory grille. I have had enough interest in these headlight housings, so I will be keeping them in stock now. I will update my website soon with inventory if anyone is interested.

3EEE0467-D184-4A0D-AE2E-04BF8DB1E5CC.jpeg

I just got a pair for my 1994 series 80...I've seen a lot of discussion with LED adaption but, I want to install old school 7" seal beams...
what else would I need in the way of securing the seal beam to be securely seated in this?

IMG-9011.jpg

Reactions: KTP
I’ll post one if someone can help me figure out the parts I need
How did you get yours with missing parts? Mine came with everything needed to mount the lights. I had old school sealed beam bulbs for a while in mine.

Last edited:
I should explain that I dont know if I am missing parts or not.since I havent had a vehicle with round headlights since I had an MGB some 30 years ago…so, I am clueless on the world of round sealed beam/ bulb type lighting…thats the info I am seeking to orient myself…

If that is how you got it from Kelly then you are good to go. The inner bracket I believe is the same as for a HD motorcycles you can just find a video on how those go together. This thread also has the wiring instructions.

Go a head and paint or powder coat as needed and start looking at the wiring portion in this thread.

If that is how you got it from Kelly then you are good to go. The inner bracket I believe is the same as for a HD motorcycles you can just find a video on how those go together. This thread also has the wiring instructions.

Go a head and paint or powder coat as needed and start looking at the wiring portion in this thread.
clx16…thanks for that observation! As to wiring, Kelly includes an adapter plug that he says is all I need to adapt to existing wiring…is that not correct? I’m not interested in LED conversion…

Conventional vs led isn't different on the wiring. I don't know what wiring harness he had supplied but if there is not a relay. You will always be running brights even when you are not trying to run them as the highbeams are triggered by ground and that will feed through the lowbeams. So there needs to be a relay and if his harness includes it then you are good.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom