Headlight Adjusting Window Hazy/Foggy (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Update: I was able to clear up the lenses. Tried to polish with a dremel but failed. So I ended up wet sanding with 1000, 2500, and 3000 grit sandpaper. Worked pretty well.

My headlights are adjusted at 10ft currently. Is this the correct distance or should they be adjusted at 25ft? I absolutely hate when others cars headlights blind you so I don't want to be doing the same thing. Ha

Adjust them up until other drivers start flashing you, then lower them until they dont!!

I had the same issue. I just laid out my masking tape “aiming grid” on my garage door, then turned my LED headlights on, and “walked” the beam where I wanted it to be by turning the adjusters. Just make sure to level everything out really good before starting. Good luck! I LOVE the LED replacements for my 9005&9006 bulbs!

What LEDs are you running? After driving with mine in the rain last night I'm not entirely happy with them. Just curious to what brand you're using.

Adjust them up until other drivers start flashing you, then lower them until they dont!!

Fair enough. I tend to overthink things like this. The only reason I'm really trying to figure out at what distance they should be aimed is to use it as a "starting point", from there I'll adjust up/down depending on my liking and also if I'm blinding others. But by that reasoning it won't really matter since they'll end up being adjusted driving down the road vs. against a wall.

What LEDs are you running? After driving with mine in the rain last night I'm not entirely happy with them. Just curious to what brand you're using.

Fair enough. I tend to overthink things like this. The only reason I'm really trying to figure out at what distance they should be aimed is to use it as a "starting point", from there I'll adjust up/down depending on my liking and also if I'm blinding others. But by that reasoning it won't really matter since they'll end up being adjusted driving down the road vs. against a wall.

Mine are OROCK8 R2’s.... I believe like $40 on Amazon. I’m happy with them so far.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom