Head units that aren't hideous (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Not the best lighting, but here’s an idea of what it looks like. Rocking the amber right now, but the green matches beautifully too.

View attachment 3317630

I am liked enough that I received a Bremen for Christmas. any tips on wiring this bad boy? I have a metra harness that I used for my previous Sony head unit.

Still waiting.

Toyota or some enterprising LLC should really take a page out of Porsche’s book and produce a vintage looking factory head unit with some modern connectivity accoutrements.

Would buy like yesterday.

Take a look DIN units from Freightliner, Peterbuilt etc. You get bluetooth and most will also have NOAA weatherband channels.

I have the CSS-5930BT. It has bluetooth and weatherband, the green matches OK with the factory look. I didn't like the bluetooth mic on the face of the receiver so I had to solder it to accept a standard 3.5mm wired mic.

Work in progress but happy so far.
Screenshot 2023-12-25 at 5.04.11 PM.png

Screenshot 2023-12-25 at 5.04.33 PM.png

I am liked enough that I received a Bremen for Christmas. any tips on wiring this bad boy? I have a metra harness that I used for my previous Sony head unit.

Awesome gift!

Unfortunately, I paid my indie to install mine as I didn’t have the time this year. 😔

Not sure if people found a better non screen option but here's mine. Alpine CDE-265BT.

Has bluetooth and USB connections. Supports handsfree calling but not texting. Xm radio can be added with the accessory from Alpine. Color is adjustable, I have it set to a green that matches the green factory lights almost perfectly. It's a great radio and has the look I wanted, which was no big screen and looked like it came from that era of truck. They are not available new anymore but you can find good working used versions on ebay still.

Finished Radio.jpg

I have the same concern...I don't want that busy look. I saw this radio (link below) on Donut Media. Kind of a classic look and not nearly as busy. I haven't bought it becasue I'm still not sure.

Amazon product ASIN B08D2R48HZ

I just purchased the same combo on ebay. Was planning to put it in my Skyline but I have an 80 too and that looks right at home there!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom