HDJ81 factory key fob programming (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I was able to track down a spare key fob for my JDM Land Cruiser. The instructions I received with it are in Japanese and don't translate well. Anyone have one of these and know how to pair it?

Any idea what the "driver side courtesy switch" is?

IMG_3872.jpg

IMG_3873.jpg

Last edited:
I've figured it out! Seems like this factory remote system is uncommon and not at all the same as what was sold in the US. I could not find any information on this system on the internet.

The "courtesy switch" is the switch that lets the vehicle know the door is closed. You just have press that switch 6 times, which causes the locks to switch a few times, letting you know you're in the programming mode.

Hopefully this helps someone in the future who imports one of theses JDM 80's. The part number for the keyfob is 08192-00200.

Were there specific years that this worked with? I've got a 94 HDJ81 and just brought it back from Japan!

I have this same factory fob and security system. Rather than find another fob (I have mine and it works, but the case is broken and held together with tape), I'd almost rather remove the whole system and install my own simple system. Does anyone have any info on removing the whole system - getting away from the chipped keys, immobilizer, etc and starting plain vanilla?

I have this same factory fob and security system. Rather than find another fob (I have mine and it works, but the case is broken and held together with tape), I'd almost rather remove the whole system and install my own simple system. Does anyone have any info on removing the whole system - getting away from the chipped keys, immobilizer, etc and starting plain vanilla?
No chipped keys, immobilizer (unless aftermarket) or anything like that in an HDJ81. I installed a viper 412V, lets me lock/unlock doors as well as turn on my Webasto. Wasn't interested in remote starting so the system is perfect for me.

I've recently received my hdj81 1995. It came with a remote and it still works! I would like to get a seconde keyfob though. I will search for the receiver box and will probably try to order 1 of these. Theanks for all that information.

I was able to track down a spare key fob for my JDM Land Cruiser. The instructions I received with it are in Japanese and don't translate well. Anyone have one of these and know how to pair it?

Any idea what the "driver side courtesy switch" is?

View attachment 3020966

View attachment 3020964
By any chance, do you know the black box's part number? I also need a new keyless fob for my hdj81, and if your's is the same as my blackbox, i will order a new fob with same part number while they're still availaible

By any chance, do you know the black box's part number? I also need a new keyless fob for my hdj81, and if your's is the same as my blackbox, i will order a new fob with same part number while they're still availaible

Sorry that I'm just now seeing your message. Where is the black box? I'd be happy to take a look at mine for you

Glad to hear it worked out! And welcome to the JDM diesel club!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom