Events/Trails HDC Holiday Party 2021 - Sunday December 12th 12 - 3 pm (2 Viewers)

Attendance Poll for Club Holiday Party

• Yes - I will be attending and have posted up the number in my party in the thread below.

Votes: 11 57.9%
  • Maybe - I will let you know.

Votes: 5 26.3%
  • No - I hope everybody has fun.

Votes: 3 15.8%

• Total voters

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
UPDATE: Tell the Ranger at the gate that you are with the High Desert Cruisers so you don't need to pay for parking.

Hey HDC Club Members,

Thanks all for your input on preferred dates and location options for this year's High Desert Cruiser's Holiday Party!

We took your input, looked at various options and decided on the Elena Gallegos open space off Tramway with a catered lunch from Sadie's on Sunday December 12th starting at 12 noon. This event is open to all active HDC members and their families. The cost to sponsor this get-together will be covered by the club. I predict it will be a nice time for all.

Here are the details:
The Club will be providing a festive holiday New Mexican lunch from Sadie's (to be confirmed) including basic non-alcoholic drinks. Feel free to bring your choice of beverage, but please avoid glass containers, which are prohibited within the area. We invite members to bring their favorite dessert to share (optional). To keep things simple this year, we will not be having a gift exchange, but that is in the plans for next year!

Please RSVP your attendance status via the Poll choice on this thread. We would also appreciate your feedback including any other family/friends that will be joining, so we can get the right amount of food.

I want to extend an extra thank you to many of the club members I refer to as "the Elders", that have helped us get this all sorted in a short time frame. I know that we are all looking forward to enjoying your company as we celebrate our health and happiness with our families and friends.

Poupon

RVSP Status - 36.5 members and guest confirmed unless noted
@Poupon = 3
@pappy = 1
@Pyro-boy = 2
@krazykat69 = 2
@LX450JC = 5
@3fe92fj80 =2
@Mauser =1
@alia176 =3
@jgonzales55 =2
@ststephen69s =1
@vegasfj40 =2
@JLH = 2
@5speed addict =1
@mbarela = 1
@TOYOTARIG =4
Frank = 2
@lurch = 2.5

@evanz80 =1 (maybe)

Last edited:
Pappy will be there.

Please RSVP your attendance status via the Poll choice on this thread. We would also appreciate your feedback including any other family/friends that will be joining, so we can get the right amount of food.
@Poupon is there a deadline for ordering the food? How late can people commit to attending?

@Poupon is there a deadline for ordering the food? How late can people commit to attending?
Hey Jon, good questions.

UPDATE: I called Sadie's on 4th Street this evening, and they said one or two days notice is all they need and they can definitely help out. The manager said to call during slower times (noon or 3-4pm) and they would help me select the right combinations of popular items specific to the number of folks we anticipate. They do have tamales. So I will get some of those and a variety of other populate items. We should be all set on food. I will plan to pick up the food on our way to the event.

Ideally, club members should let us know if they plan to attend by next Wednesday, December 8th. But I plan to order a bit extra to accommodate a few extra members that don't RSVP or who's plans may change last minute and are able to attend.

Last edited:
Larry - thanks for all your work to get this done. I think Elena Gallegos will be an ideal location and hopefully the great weather we’ve been having will be with us on 12/12.

I do have a commitment that day that’s supposed to last until 2:00, but I am hopeful that it will finish up early. My wife has another event on her calendar, so it will just be me. I will get over there as soon as I can.

Thanks again! Looking forward to it.
Evan

Paula and I will be there. Will bring a dessert type on food, too.

Thank you, Larry, you're the best!
I plan to attend. Any feedback if there's a fire pit? I can scare up some firewood and can haul away the fire femnants

I have ordered a portable propane firepit, If it arrives by then, I can bring it for some warmth. I read they do have some charcoal grills at this site. With charcoal , those could be used for a heat source, too.

Reading the description there’s a small fire ring at the adjoining seating area near the shelter. I called the office, they said a fire is ok in that small fire ring.
She also said that participants do not need to pay the entry fee when they arrive… they just need the name that the reservation is under… Larry Britt right? Or is it Bond, James Bond

Ali + 1 will attend. Thank you Larry for setting this up.

Any feedback if there's a fire pit? I can scare up some firewood and can haul away the fire femnants
Reading the description there’s a small fire ring at the adjoining seating area near the shelter. I called the office, they said a fire is ok in that small fire ring.
She also said that participants do not need to pay the entry fee when they arrive… they just need the name that the reservation is under… Larry Britt right? Or is it Bond, James Bond
Hey Grant,

You are correct - Larry Britt or High Desert Cruisers - either one will work. However, if you mention "Poupon", they may give you a strange look.

Also, I think Jeff and I are both going to bring some wood so with yours, we should be nice and toasty. I hope this warm weather holds till the 12th and the we get lots of rain with cold from that point onward.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom