Have been troubleshooting AHC for a while. Need help on next steps. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
A month or so ago my AHC started acting up. I was driving with a few hundred pounds of firewood in the back, I went over a medium sized bump that extended/compressed the suspension more than usual and my AHC "OFF" light started flashing. Got home just fine and the next time I started up the vehicle the AHC was fine. Over the past few weeks "OFF" would intermittently flash but the system worked just fine.

I went into techstream and cleared the code, jiggled some wires and the light went away, things were running fine for a week or so. Went into high mode one day and when it was getting to the top there was some clicking up front and "OFF" started flashing again. Since then it's been getting worse.

I started to suspect that maybe the wood was just coincidence and maybe I had a short in the system, there was some bad winter weather around the same time. I have no idea if my screwing around with cables, fuses connectors has had any influence but things are worse, "OFF" is flashing, but now the suspension is extra stiff and won't go up or down. The front end was riding 1.1" high on my way home tonight (according to techstream) with no way to lower it so I planned on bleeding the front down a bit and a bunch of foam came out... so I bleed it to the bump stops. The foam is just like when I replaced shot rear globes a year ago. The system wasn't bouncy so I don't suspect shot front globes. So that's where I am. Front dropped, no way to get it back up, out of ideas or things to test. It seems at every turn I find evidence that points me in another direction.

Prior to my issues the system pressures were all dead on spec, I'm running King springs in the back and I had properly torsioned the front bars. I'm running 1.5-2" of lift but did the shock extender brackets. I did an AHC fluid flush when I did globes and the fluid level has been good since, about a year ago.

Codes:
C1718 - Pressure Sensor - Sometimes this one is there, some times not.
C1736 - Accumulator Solenoid
C1764 - Oil Pressure Abnormality by not Opening Accumulator Valve

All pressures read 0 in the data stream, height sensors are working just fine.

Questions:
What's more likely, that I have an electrical or mechanical issue? Can air in the system cause these types of symptoms and codes?
Can I get the front end back up without AHC working? I was hoping that by bleeding out the air the accumulator would be happy again but not so.
If electrical, how do I troubleshoot it? What's the procedure? I've read other posts about it but I'm not familiar with the lexicon so I have no idea what connectors are to what solenoids. I am mechanically and electronically proficient and have a multimeter, I think I just need pictures of what people are talking about.

Thanks for the help. Would like to avoid driving to Slee this week to buy a 2.5" lift kit and spending my weekend doing an AHC delete.

Have you checked your height sensors? I had a faulty one, and that sent mine to the sky. It was a front sensor that was faulty.

Height sensors seem to be working fine. I also switched the relay and checked the fuse in the fuse box.

I would lean towards ripping it all out like you have thought about. Save you a lot of money and headaches in the long run.

Yeah, picked up the slee 2.5" Medium kit last night. I came to the conclusion that if I did fix it, even at no cost, I still wouldn't trust it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom