AHC troubleshooting (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
So I recently purchased an 07 Land Cruiser. Drives super bumpy and doesn't feel good one bit. Overnight front end sags and sits low. I checked AHC fluid, it was low so I topped it off and bled the system as I was recommended by other users. However, the truck still drives horrible. Unfortunately with the height adjusting switch the truck only goes up, doesn't go down with the switch. Pressing the down button doesn't do anything in the dash and doesn't move it from H to N or N to L, so I can't do the graduation test. I believe the problem here lies with the globes. Upon a quick search I found a set on eBay for $314 with no reviews so Im hesitant on getting those. Ive heard good stuff about the ones on IMPEX. When I try to purchase those, I see two separate ones with the same part numbers. One for Toyota one for lexus, but the Toyota ones say FR or RR. Any clue if there's a difference between them? They have the same part number but different prices

Screen Shot 2024-02-14 at 11.40.14 AM.png

My Russian is a bit rusty.

Because you don't know the history of the car, it might be worth changing the AHC fluid instead of only topping it up.

You need to remove the height control switch. For this you need to unscrew the gear shifter and low range knobs and gently pull the console trim. Do not break it. Then press some tabs around switch after removing the connector. Disassemble the switch carefully by prying small plastic tabs. Remove the rubber part which touches the terminals while pressing the button, clean the terminal pads with CRC or something similar. Assemble everything back. Before pressing the switch to console, connect the wire harness and test when engine off/ignition on. If it works(check dash light), press the switch assy back. Otherwise you need new switch assembly. Used ones are plenty in ebay. Good luck.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom