Has anyone used this hub socket on their 100 series rear axle? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

OwnerCS

GOLD Star
Threads
It is my understanding that only the 105 series had a full float rear axle. Your 99 lx (100 series-not 105) would not.
Thanks for the quick response. 👍

It is my understanding that only the 105 series had a full float rear axle. Your 99 lx (100 series-not 105) would not.

Correct. All he needs is a 54mm for up front.

The tool shown is for the Full Floating Rear Axle (found on some year model 80 series and the 105 series).

The 105 series was basically the 100 series body on the 80 series chassis and running gear.

An easier to find and less expensive option is a 2-1/8" socket. 99.95% the size of a 54mm socket.

Correct. All he needs is a 54mm for up front.

The tool shown is for the Full Floating Rear Axle (found on some year model 80 series and the 105 series).

The 105 series was basically the 100 series body on the 80 series chassis and running gear.

The funny part is I bought a 54mm for the front job. I must have done a good job of hiding it for safekeeping. Now I can't find it. :bang: I'm putting together a bag of tools to carry in the truck for long trips. Cruiser Outfitters has one for $21.50.

The funny part is I bought a 54mm for the front job. I must have done a good job of hiding it for safekeeping. Now I can't find it. :bang: I'm putting together a bag of tools to carry in the truck for long trips. Cruiser Outfitters has one for $21.50.

Smart man to be 'prepared'. I have certain tools and replacement parts that STAY in my vehicles and some tools that I take along for long trips.

But I confine those items to address things that can be 'reasonably' fixed along the side of the road.....or in some cases 'parts' that wouldn't be readily found.

That's a good price, best price I could find on a 2-1/8 inch socket is $19.99 at Tractor Supply, best to support a MUD vendor for less than $2 more.

And it‘s a thin-wall socket. Even if you can find a 2-1/8” socket, some are so beefy they won’t fit inside the wheel hub housing without some grinder work. Fwiw

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom