Has anyone tried putting an air quick connect where their OEM antenna used to be? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I did some searching around, and can think of a couple potential drawbacks to this approach...

1) This would leave the... "mouth" of the quick connect facing upward, it seems like this would then require a cap of some sort to keep water/debris out (though this could be the case for any quick connect on the outside of the body)

2) Any hose connected to a quick connect in this location would rub against the fender, potentially damaging the paint (imagining dusty/muddy conditions) I'm thinking this could be an opportunity for a tactical application of techie-looking bed liner in a shape that matches the likely sweep of contact from the hose.

Thoughts?

"Has anyone tried putting an air quick connect where their OEM antenna used to be?"​

^^^^^

Negative.

IF you do....just use a right angle adapter. The quick connect doesn't have to face up. There are caps available to seal the opening when not in use.

Most everyone here still has their antenna. Assuming you have a compressor under hood in that corner, I would think if you're going to be using that, you'll probably stopped anyway, what's the issue in having the hood up while you use it?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom