Has anyone here welded up a Coastal Offroad Rear Bumper? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

CharlieS

GOLD Star
Threads
I'm in the starting stages of assembly, removed all stock parts, chased threaded holes, and am about to start tacking pieces together.

If you've welded up this kit, I have some questions:
  • Did you remove your exhaust resonator? Looks like it will interfere with the passenger wing assembly.
  • Did you have to grind anything on the frame? The instructions mention grinding factory blobby welds that might interfere, but I don't have anything like that on mine.
  • Did you use any spacer washers between the lower wing panel and the frame rail? I guess this is to accomodate the not-flat surface where the 45 degree frame braces hit the rails...
  • Did your kit come with a formed or three piece weld together main section? Mine came with a one piece bent part, which is awesome, but doesn't match the instructions.
  • Did you weld the bottom wing sections to the center section off the vehicle, then bolt it all up and finish the assembly?
Any other insights or recommendations?

IMG_2825.jpeg

Hello! Do you have an update on your bumper kit? How did it turn out? I might start assembling mine soon. Any advice is appreciated.

I helped a friend build one for his 100 series.

• Did you remove your exhaust resonator? Looks like it will interfere with the passenger wing assembly. - We did not touch the exhaust on the 100 series.
  • Did you have to grind anything on the frame? The instructions mention grinding factory blobby welds that might interfere, but I don't have anything like that on mine. - We had no blobby welds to grind.
  • Did you use any spacer washers between the lower wing panel and the frame rail? I guess this is to accomodate the not-flat surface where the 45 degree frame braces hit the rails... - Yes we stacked washers to help manage leveling and gaps.
  • Did your kit come with a formed or three piece weld together main section? Mine came with a one piece bent part, which is awesome, but doesn't match the instructions. - We did not have a formed bent center section. Lucky you!
  • Did you weld the bottom wing sections to the center section off the vehicle, then bolt it all up and finish the assembly? Yes, off the vehicle.

IMG_3187.jpeg
Final product. It came out decent. All imperfections due to my poor fabrication skills. The metal in kit was cut with high precision and everything fit well. I'd take the hardware list as suggestions, and make your own determination before buying. Brandon was very responsive whenever I had a question.

(Also, I 100% had to chop the resonator, it was interfering with fitup. Going in tomorrow for a custom bent pipe.)

Good looking bumper

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom