Harrop Eaton E-locker engagement help- 60 series (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Are you using the older Harrop/eaton locker harness or the newer, just “eaton” updated harness that comes with the current lockers on the market? I believe they changed the design recently(ish). From what I’ve been reading.
I'm not sure. They're about 3 years old 🤷

I pulled the 3rd today. Long story short, it was the connector.

I'm not sure. They're about 3 years old 🤷

I pulled the 3rd today. Long story short, it was the connector.
How does a connector just fail like that? Sounds weird especially since it’s inside the third and no chance of it getting physical trail damage. What exactly was wrong with it?

How does a connector just fail like that? Sounds weird especially since it’s inside the third and no chance of it getting physical trail damage. What exactly was wrong with it?
The external connector, the little plastic waterproof guy. So what I found was that, after 4 attempts to put on my own, any little jiggle of the connector would disrupt continuity and the locker would disengage. I don't know exactly how it went bad to begin with, but it's not impossible I suppose.

So I'm just going to use some blade style connectors and shrink wrap em real well with some electric grease in there. Easily accessed and fiddled with if ever need be.

No power

Power

The external connector, the little plastic waterproof guy. So what I found was that, after 4 attempts to put on my own, any little jiggle of the connector would disrupt continuity and the locker would disengage. I don't know exactly how it went bad to begin with, but it's not impossible I suppose.

So I'm just going to use some blade style connectors and shrink wrap em real well with some electric grease in there. Easily accessed and fiddled with if ever need be.

No power

Power
Is this an application where you can use a GM/Delphi Weather Pack connector?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom