Hard Starting Questions...

Discussion in '80-Series Tech' started by C6H12O6, Jun 27, 2005.

1. C6H12O6

C6H12O6 SILVER Star

Media:
    Albums:
    I used the search function and didn't come up with much. My '95 runs great and doesn't appear to have any other issues, but it intermittently has trouble starting on the first try.

Especially when it has been driven for a while, then stopped, it cranks fine (no clicking issues), and seems like it is going to start, but when you let off the key, it just stops. It will usually start the second try with no problems and doesn't seem to be much of a problem when it's cold first thing in the morning.

I can usually get it to start if I give it some gas as it is cranking, but that causes such a high RPM start-up that the usually quiet start-up rattle is pretty noticeable. No CEL, idle is fine, runs great once it's going. Any ideas?

2. CreeperSleeper

CreeperSleeper SILVER Star

Hah, and you were making fun of me for having to replace my starter contacts! Sounds like you get to do it too... (okay, okay, I'll help ya.)

3. C6H12O6

C6H12O6 SILVER Star

Media:
    Albums:
    I don't think it's the starter. It always cranks fine and I've never had any clicking when I turn the key. It just doesn't seem to "catch" when it's cranking. Seems like more of a fuel or spark issue to me. Not sure. Maybe no big deal.

4. CreeperSleeper

CreeperSleeper SILVER Star

Huh... well, lets go wheeling this weekend and we'll see.

5. endcl

endcl

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.