LX stalls when steering hard ??? (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

BullElk

SILVER Star
Threads
When in gear and steering hard in either direction the engine will idle much lower or go completely dead. Does not seem to happen when in neutral.

I know of the valve on the 100 series to prevent the stalling but not on the 80 series.

Anyone familiar with this? Thanks

Thanks. Hey Godwin, did you see the two 60 series at that Imports dealer in Auburn?

Thanks. Hey Godwin, did you see the two 60 series at that Imports dealer in Auburn?

Probably. Don't know which 60 series you are referring to. My son @cruiserinsanity often drives a tan one, one of the owners has an orange and white one, a white customers rig is there, and I sometimes stop by in mine.

Yea one was orange and white. Other one may have been blue.

Regarding the stalling of my 80, I just had the gear box replaced. Intake tube looks fine and all vacuum hoses I saw look good and connected.

Yea one was orange and white. Other one may have been blue.

Regarding the stalling of my 80, I just had the gear box replaced. Intake tube looks fine and all vacuum hoses I saw look good and connected.
When you say the intake tube looks good did you pull it and stretch it at the ribs? That’s where they usually split at and it’s very hard to see on the truck. The splits show when you apply some pressure to them.

When you say the intake tube looks good did you pull it and stretch it at the ribs? That’s where they usually split at and it’s very hard to see on the truck. The splits show when you apply some pressure to them.
I did do that some but did not take it completely off to look. The entire tube is very flexible and fresh. I have had them before when they were old, hard and fragile but not this one.

Maybe your idle is low? What rpm do you idle at?
If I remember correctly after warming up it seems to idle just below 600 which may be a tad low.

Mine is idling at 550 in D and 625ish in P.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom