Harbor Freight 'Braun' Work Light - WOW! (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I've watched his videos too. No nonsense and very methodical. Looks like the Japanese 18650s (no surprise) are the best but the S. Korean ones are an excellent value and probably all one needs for a work light.

I've seen some pretty funny stuff with these generic cells from China, including having a smaller cell inside with sand for ballast...

I’ve had one of these for over a year and used it heavily, it’s by far out lasted all the name brand ones I’ve had in the past that cost twice as much, I even picked up a second!

These don't last for jack in my shop. I got four dead ones. I have upgraded because I have to have good lights with a mag base.

What's wrong with them (if you know)?

Certainly I don't use mine every day but the do get used regularly and still going strong. I make sure I use a bit of dielectric grease on the ends of the batteries to keep the contacts from corroding. I used a drop of tri-flow at the pivot when new.

What's wrong with them (if you know)?

Certainly I don't use mine every day but the do get used regularly and still going strong. I make sure I use a bit of dielectric grease on the ends of the batteries to keep the contacts from corroding. I used a drop of tri-flow at the pivot when new.

Charge ports wear out, they won’t charge anymore.

Cheers

Charge ports wear out, they won’t charge anymore.

Cheers

Unscrew the bottom and put in a fresh battery ?

I don't use the charge port - I have a battery bank I swap out from. :meh:

Ya that would probably fix them.

I am using this and another decent one now.

3A5A6896-9A79-460D-A040-D6F048F42330.jpeg

Cheers

Sweet!

My switch cracked the sad and i don't have the tools/skill to fix it. The wires are so damn small... But if i coild, I'd just put a 3-position toggle on it...

my charge port is fine and I do swap batteries as well. Way better way to go for me. No waiting.
The ability to change batteries is something I want in all my electronic gizmos and a big plus in my book.

I've got two that I'm using pretty much daily in a shop setting - no issues. I should probably look into the battery charger option, though. I've had a number of things where the charge port ended up being the weak link. I'm not sure that the Snap-On won't eventually have the same issue - and that is about $150?

The Snap On work light is very nice and very bright, but at $160 (retail) it's not practical for a DIYer.

Just came here to confess that I've left the garage with my Braun light stuck to the frame of my truck more than once, and it was still there when I got home.
:cool:

Ok, I don't feel so bad about picking up the light off the lid of my tool chest - which had a bunch of other things on it as well. Of course, the light stuck to the lid solidly enough that it lifted it up and knocked everything else off.

^ LOL! Have had a couple of similar incidents... Gotta give it to HF. This time they got the magnet strong enough... (Not true of another cheaper LED light of theirs that I have)

Yeah, those little blue ones? I "stick" it somewhere and it just starts sliding towards the floor most times.

No, I have some of those free ones and they do stay in place. I was thinking another stick-shape light. 3 AA, not tiltable. About $8. Fewer lumens than the one in this thread. Still OK. But I do use the folding feature of the one here quite often.

switch seems to be the weak point. Keep it away from fine dust. If it stops working or doesnt turn on or off with consistency, break the ring free and separate the top from the bottom. Blow off the circuit board. This helped somewhat.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom