Happy new 40 owner (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I've been lurking on the site a few months doing some research and recently purchased a great 1977 olive 40. Seems to be in great shape with minimal rust and appears to be all (or maybe mostly) oem still.

Very excited to join the ranks of 40 owners and glad to have this forum to learn from.

I don't have a lot of car knowledge, but I work with my hands and I'm excited to learn as I go.

I've already put about 300 miles on it and it runs great. Small oil leak in the rear main seal and the front brakes seem to leak a little.

I've recently put in a new (Cruisercorps) headliner and I'm planning on an OME suspension and 33x10.5 KM2s.

Plans for the future: power steering, ??

Also, I've searched the site and haven't found any good mechanics near the Triad area of NC (Winston Salem, Greensboro, Highpoint)... if anyone knows of one let me know!

Here's some pics: https://goo.gl/photos/DntGzuGHUT7rYAZb6

:cheers:

Very nice!

Since everyone loves free advice, I'll give you some: Never ever sell it.

Gotta give a SHOUTOUT to another '77 Olive Green. Even got the bezel right :flipoff2: Welcome! BTW, take some pics of the front brakes - might be the knuckles leaking instead of the brakes.

Was gonna say... Front axle service is a rite of passage. And if you do the power steering at the same time, big leap forward in dependability and driving grins!

Gotta give a SHOUTOUT to another '77 Olive Green. Even got the bezel right :flipoff2: Welcome! BTW, take some pics of the front brakes - might be the knuckles leaking instead of the brakes.
Just added some pics of the front brakes to the album above

Educated guess - sure looks like your axle's leaking. I'd start boning up on the joys of knuckle rebuilding. Hey, you did say you work with your hands, and it is a rite of passage!

Definitely a sweet first cruiser, Congrats! The folks and information posted here are an endless resource, you are in good hands!

Looks fairly stock...you may want to consider keeping it that way.

Nice rig welcome to the family!

That's a nice 40, welcome.

That there is a Cali spec 77 just like mine. Very nice 40. A PO seems to have done some work to it. The jump seats are from a 78+. The engine has been designed. Be glad they pulled the Cali Thermo Reactor exhaust manifold. That thing weighs a ton and is prone to cracking and leaks. It looks like it has OME shocks, stock springs? Those knuckle look fine. Unless you see gear oil dripping down the wheel leave them alone. Very nice find, was it local to you?

Also, hit up the Olde North State Cruisers subforum on here under Clubhouses and introduce yourself. They're a very active club and will have a wealth of local knowledge.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom