HAM Radio Class? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

But I doubt osmosis works at the airport--nothing intelligent works there!

What are you talking about? The smurf-squad rules! I learn something new every time I deal with them.

Dan

Looks like another test on the 13th of January in Los Alamos...

I'll probably head up to this one as I will be in town and can make it....besides I need a reason to go and visit Vince....:p

13-Jan-2009
Sponsor: LOS ALAMOS ARC/ATOMIC CITY GRP
Time: 6:30 PM (Walk-ins allowed)
(505)662-4220
Email: NM5BB@ARRL.NET
VEC: ARRL/VEC
4017 ARKANSAS ST
UPSTAIRS MEETING ROOM
CELL: (505)695-9882
LOS ALAMOS, NM 87544

-o-

From ARRL.org:

"On November 6, The ARRL VEC announced that as of January 1, 2009, the fee to take an ARRL Volunteer Examiner (VE)-administered Amateur Radio license exam will increase by $1, from $14 to $15."

Thought folks should know.

Thanks Jon! Good to know.

From ARRL.org:

"On November 6, The ARRL VEC announced that as of January 1, 2009, the fee to take an ARRL Volunteer Examiner (VE)-administered Amateur Radio license exam will increase by $1, from $14 to $15."

Thought folks should know.

Thanks Jon! Good to know.

Also,

"Darryl Clutter, NX5W, and his VEs (Richard, K5RSJ, Goose, K5EMH, Pat, KA5PAT and Bob, N5UJJ) ran a VE session. They had 12 people attend, 14 elements were taken and only 2 failed to go to Extra Class. Darryl said that next year his testing sessions are going to be on the 3rd Saturday of the month. He still needs more VEs to help out so if you are available on those days let Darryl know. Thanks to Darryl and his group of VEs they do a great job."

Bump.

Anyone planning on taking the exam on the 13th of January in Los Alamos?

I am planning on going up considering the next day I will be going to Turkey.

So, if anyone is interested, let me know so maybe we can carpool, grab a bite, etc.

Vince--you going to be around on the 13th? Do you want to take the test as well? Or meet up for some grub?

-o-

I will be around. Just shoot me a PM with your ETA.

Thanks,
Vince

I like how Vince didn't say if he's going to take the test...come on dude, be a geek like the rest of us!!!

I like how Vince didn't say if he's going to take the test...come on dude, be a geek like the rest of us!!!

I might, I can pass the practice tests but I still don't why a bunch of the answers are right.
I will see what my work load is when i get back and study up a bit more.

Vince

Won't be able to make the January test. Got a chance to drive Baja with my G-wagon buddies! 11th through the 18th (74 degrees in La Paz today) Did I read correctly that there will be a test the 3rd Saturday of every month? Just installed my radio today, can't wait to use it!

Rick

For anyone else like me who won't be able to make the Jan. 17th test, Darryl will throw another test the 3rd Sat. in April.

Rick

Well, I am out for the 13th in Los Alamos. I just have too much to do and too many loose ends to tie up before I leave the country next Weds. AM.

I'll have to catch the next possible test in February or March.

At least the radio is mounted, wired, and working great....was talking with Ash on 146.460 almost all the way up the I-40 canyon heading up today. Amazing clarity too.

:cheers:

Still planning on it tomorrow Evan?

Give a ring if you want to truck-pool.

Dan

Dan -

Sorry I just saw your message. I am bailing. I had a lot of stuff come up this week leaving me no time to study. I thought I could cram for a few hours, but that's not going to work for the General exam. I will hit the books and try again in April.

However, my brother-in-law Chris is planning to take the Technician exam. We are going to go to Golden Pride for breakfast burritos after the test. You are welcome to join us if you'd like. Yum! :bounce:

Evan

However, my brother-in-law Chris is planning to take the Technician exam. We are going to go to Golden Pride for breakfast burritos after the test. You are welcome to join us if you'd like. Yum! :bounce:

Evan

Dang. Wish I would have seen this before I went. I kept thinking the guy sitting next to me looked familiar. Chris has been to a meeting or run or something, yes?

Either way: success. I have got to say: the number of name tag/ID badges the VEs were wearing crakced me up. One of them was sort of going crazy when he saw my Restricted RadioTelephone Operators Permit. Now THAT's a geek.

Now I just need to buy a radio, and get some pocket protectors....

Dan

Dang. Wish I would have seen this before I went. I kept thinking the guy sitting next to me looked familiar. Chris has been to a meeting or run or something, yes?

Either way: success. I have got to say: the number of name tag/ID badges the VEs were wearing crakced me up. One of them was sort of going crazy when he saw my Restricted RadioTelephone Operators Permit. Now THAT's a geek.

Now I just need to buy a radio, and get some pocket protectors....

Dan

Congratulations! You are now official. Chris passed as well. I think you met him on the Christmas Tree run. I know he was lusting after your diesel truck. He rode along with me that day.

You're right - those VE's do ratchet up the geek quotient. But, I'm not complaining - without them, we couldn't enter the geek realm ourselves.

Way to go guys! :clap:

Congratulations! You are now official. Chris passed as well. I think you met him on the Christmas Tree run. I know he was lusting after your diesel truck. He rode along with me that day.

I knew it! Sitting right next to me even. But I didn't want to be "that guy" who says "don't I know you from somewhere" out of the blue. I'm shy.

Oh well, c'est la vie!

Was just at Ash's checking out his setup. I think my credit card is about to take a *small* hit... ;)

Dan

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom