H55f/H151 shifter locations with 1HDT in 70 series (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hello,

I am looking at a new FJ75 project that I would swap a 1HDT into (the vehicle has a good H55f in it behind the 3F.) I have been reading about the challenges with attaching the 1HDT to the H55f so I was looking at using an H151 but what I have not been able to find is the relative dimensions of the H151 vs the H55 as far as shifter locations etc. Having gone through relocating the shifter in my 3B/H55F swap in the BJ40 I would rather not go there again, does the fit H151 well or are there significant mods to do?

Thanks,
J

I may have found what I am looking for: 1HDT into a BJ70 It looks like the shifter position is close but does anyone have any direct experience?

Aren’t there different H151’s behind the 1HD-T/FT? One for the HDJ100 and another for the HDJ78/9.

Aren’t there different H151’s behind the 1HD-T/FT? One for the HDJ100 and another for the HDJ78/9.

Yes there is. I remember reading about someone who tried to fit a 100 series H151 into a 7* series and gave up. I forget the reasons but it was associated with the length.

Yes it seemed there was one version putting the two shifters in a row (100 series) vs side by side (70 series). Memory is hazy beyond that

Thanks guys, I will keep the shifter locations in mind. I may just look at the h55f again.

J

I just did this exact swap.

1 HDT with H55 into a 77 series. Shifter fit in exactly the factory spot.

interesting and noteworthy:
- nose cone on 3B H55 will not fit. You need special 1HZ version

To retain 300mm flywheel (versus the 275mm HZ/ PZ):
- isuzu clutch disc is from 97 NPR diesel. There are other part numbers floating out there, but most dont exist currently or have been superceeded
- throw out bearing PN 31230-60130
- pilot bearing PN 90363-15017
- most HZ/ HDT/ PZ/ dust cover plates should fit.
- bell housing is OEM only, can't recall the part #
- you'll need a split case T-case to attach to the back of the tranny.
- you'll need a plug to cap off one bolt hole in the t-case which would otherwise put the bolt thru the 5th gear...
- will need the H55 transmission mount for the system, but there will need to be welding/ mods to the crossmember to make it fit. (cut here and there, weld on some brackets)
- will push the transfercase back a couple inches: you'll need to shorten the rear driveshaft.

Hope that helps.

I swapped a 1HD-T into my HZJ75 troopy and nothing moved

20170911_184226-jpg.1535843

I wanted a 300 mm clutch and went the Isuzu route as described above. If your H55F is good, then keep it

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom