h55f applications (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Did the h55f come in any (other) us made toyos than the landcruiser ? I have noticed alot of mini-trucks came with 5 spds. Are they the h55 ?

10-4. Knew they came in the canadien Hjs but would fit the Fjs. We didn't get alot of the good stuff. Was not sure about the mini-trucks. Thanks

If you come across one the h55's behind 3B's wont work on a gas motor, they use a different input shaft that is longer. Also has 21 splines vs 10 spline for the gassers. HJ's used the same tranny as the gas motor rigs. You can find HJ's in canada with A440F's the same tranny as my US 62

Tony

Pretty much a land cruiser specific part, its a truck tranny and there were some trucks sold over seas that had it but they were not available here.

Tony

The truck trannies are barely adequate for the four-poppers that they came with. The H55 can be run behind a healthy V8 without any worries. I know, I did it for about 100K miles. The only five-speed that would be preferable is an NV4500 and only if you have compatible parts to go with it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom