GX470 FAQ (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Another question I can't seem to find online. What are the trim pieces on the outside of each door that have the weatherstripping? All the black and the felt type material is falling off and the dealer quoted me nearly $1400 to replace the four of them. He said my timing belt was nearly due so it looks like I've got a weekend project coming up. At least the dash is getting replaced.

Part numbers would be handmy and an exploded diagram would be fantastic, too.

Last edited:
Another question I can't seem to find online. What are the trim pieces on the outside of each door that have the weatherstripping? All the black and the felt type material is falling off and the dealer quoted me nearly $1400 to replace the four of them. He said my timing belt was nearly due so it looks like I've got a weekend project coming up. At least the dash is getting replaced.

Part numbers would be handmy and an exploded diagram would be fantastic, too.

Buy them from partsouq.com - dramatically cheaper than anywhere in the US.

75721-60080 Belt Weather-Strip
75722-60080 Belt Weather-Strip
75712-60080 Belt Weather-Strip
75711-60080 Belt Weather-Strip

Just recently getting the dash replaced in my 2006 GX, the loaner was a 2017 RX. The new vehicle had perforated seats and a fan that blew up up you ass and back, which is nice living down on the 3rd coast.

Has anyone ever replaced the seats in the 120 platform with cooled seats? We're cooled seats even offered for this body style?

Just recently getting the dash replaced in my 2006 GX, the loaner was a 2017 RX. The new vehicle had perforated seats and a fan that blew up up you ass and back, which is nice living down on the 3rd coast.

Has anyone ever replaced the seats in the 120 platform with cooled seats? We're cooled seats even offered for this body style?

No, vented seats were not offered in the 470. Only the GX460 got the vented seat option (as well as heated seats in the 2nd row).

You can always try something like this. I have no idea if it actually works, though.

Exhaust System Upgrade for 2009 GX470 - Is Dual Exhaust Possible

I live in the rust belt and the stock exhaust system is about shot. I would like to install dual exhaust complete with a set of headers, because I think one of the stock exhaust manifolds is cracked. I do not want a loud exhaust system. I am looking to replicate the sound and performance from the TRD exhaust system that is installed on my dad's Tundra. Does anyone have any recommendations? Has anyone installed dual exhaust on their GX470, if so please share the information and part number if possible?

THANK YOU!
John

Exhaust System Upgrade for 2009 GX470 - Is Dual Exhaust Possible

I live in the rust belt and the stock exhaust system is about shot. I would like to install dual exhaust complete with a set of headers, because I think one of the stock exhaust manifolds is cracked. I do not want a loud exhaust system. I am looking to replicate the sound and performance from the TRD exhaust system that is installed on my dad's Tundra. Does anyone have any recommendations? Has anyone installed dual exhaust on their GX470, if so please share the information and part number if possible?

THANK YOU!
John

At one time Doug Thorley headers were available. May still be but I haven't looked lately.

No, vented seats were not offered in the 470. Only the GX460 got the vented seat option (as well as heated seats in the 2nd row).

You can always try something like this. I have no idea if it actually works, though.

I wonder how close the seat rails and ride height would be. I'm sure they won't be cost effective to buy outside of a U Pull It yard.

Buy them from partsouq.com - dramatically cheaper than anywhere in the US.

75721-60080 Belt Weather-Strip
75722-60080 Belt Weather-Strip
75712-60080 Belt Weather-Strip
75711-60080 Belt Weather-Strip

Partsouq wouldn't take my PayPal and blamed it on PayPal. So I found the same parts on fleaBay for about $25 more but I got them in less time than I spent hassling with my PayPal. Installed in about 10 minutes once I found my torx driver set.

Wanted to put this information here so it wouldn't get lost.

These are tips if looking to convert the air suspension to coils and want to piece together your own coil spring conversion kit:

1) Use Toyota upper isolators P/N 4830235040- if looking for a used set, they can be found cheap in junkyards/ebay/craigslist listed for 4runners (4th gen and possibly 3rd, as well), FJ Cruisers and the GX460 models without air suspension.

2) For the lower spring isolator, use Energy Suspension P/N 15.6103G (sold in pairs). This seems to be what MT and SSO use for their kits (one uses black the other red)

3) The Inside Diameter of the isolator in #2 above is 3 inches. A thick piece of 3" bar stock (1.5" to 3" thick) drilled through the center to accept a hefty Grade 8 bolt (1/2" dia) will sit inside the lower isolator and keep everything in place.

Lower Isolator with P/N:

20171020_205807 (1).jpg

Lower isolator with center bar stock mocked up:

20171020_210050.jpg

GXOR is crowdsourcing a wiki for the GX platforms. Feel free to use and contribute!

start [GX Offroad]

Has anyone else had issues with the door body panels falling off/coming loose on the outside? We had ours become loose years ago and had a local body shop put them back on. They have become loose again and I figured I'd glue them back on once and for all just to discover that they've been glued several times already from the PO. So maybe OEM mounts would be the better choice since over half were missing and half of the remaining mounts were broken. Hence the glue.

Has anyone else had issues with the door body panels falling off/coming loose on the outside? We had ours become loose years ago and had a local body shop put them back on. They have become loose again and I figured I'd glue them back on once and for all just to discover that they've been glued several times already from the PO. So maybe OEM mounts would be the better choice since over half were missing and half of the remaining mounts were broken. Hence the glue.
The exterior body panels? Like the metal door itself or the plastic trim on the lower portion?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom