GX470 FAQ (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Ahh. Had me worried for a minute haha. @DanKunz removed his. Maybe he has some insight.

I had considered this until I saw all the square holes in the door. I’m not a huge fan of the square wheel wells on the newer Toyotas and wouldn’t mind pulling the fenders, too. Go back to the 2nd gen 4Runner look and put some Bushwacker flares on.

I removed all the plastics on my GX. Just used epoxy body filler and did the two tone look with some bed liner.

31883007_10155554385418123_8069115944175140864_n.jpg

The OEM panels were held on with clips and body tape. If you are losing one with just "glue" get a quality body mount tape.

Only 3 clips remained. I used those to line it up and some 2 part body epoxy. Let it get a little stiff and applied some in the holes to run down a little and then matched those spots with a large patch to have more surface area for adhesion. So far so good. Driven about 700 miles thus far and they’re solid. A good hot/cold cycle will tell the tale.

Can someone add info to the FAQ/Wiki on the various rear hitch options? I have seen a smattering of comments on various build threads but some of it would be great to have something on the wiki with the various options, loads, pros/cons, etc.

I am completely confused as to what can be used with the Trailer option that came with my 08. I have wiring in place but don't know what all the options to completely rig out. I know there is at least one OEM option, some options to use other Toyota hitches, the SSO mini hitch, Metal tech(?), others?

My tranny is starting to occasionally shift hard. I recently put about 5k miles in a matter of weeks on it through some 105*+ temps and figured I'd flush it. Would these numbers be the same?

Found this on the 120 FAQ

Transmission Pan Gasket - 35168-60010

Transmission Filter/Strainer - 35330-60050

Transmission Filter O-Ring - 90301-31014

Drain/Fill Plug Gasket - 35178-30010 (2 Required)

This is a detailed how to for the procedure to change the ATF fluid.
WS ATF Flush Procedure

A big question I have is: can the shift points be altered in any way? On the interstate any decent incline would cause an unnecessary downshift that could easily be powered through in 5th gear.

You can get the Nomad valve body I put in. Fixes the shift points and there is an optional TC lockup.

Same product, but for the prado 4 speed vs a GX 5. Cruiser Bros are importing them and selling them.

Assuming it has a larger capacity, would the fuel tank from the 120 platform sold overseas available with a diesel fit the GX? The mileage and range is terrible for road trips.

Just recently getting the dash replaced in my 2006 GX, the loaner was a 2017 RX. The new vehicle had perforated seats and a fan that blew up up you ass and back, which is nice living down on the 3rd coast.

Has anyone ever replaced the seats in the 120 platform with cooled seats? We're cooled seats even offered for this body style?
Wondering if anyone has yet to do this or knows if it will fit? I know this is kind of an extreme luxury feature but man the seats do get hot when it’s over 90 outside.

I found a couple drivers seats from a 460 on eBay. I asked the seller if they would swap out. He said the harness and seat rails are different and wouldn’t swap out. At least not easily I guess....

This maybe a too vague question but here it goes. 2005 GX470 W/ NAV. The previous owner had an aux port installed with what appears to be a power switch. I can not find out how to get it to play music from my phone or any audio device. Has anyone else had something like this installed? Is there a setting with the audio that I might be missing? I haven't gone as so far to see where the wires end up but maybe something easy I am missing.??

This maybe a too vague question but here it goes. 2005 GX470 W/ NAV. The previous owner had an aux port installed with what appears to be a power switch. I can not find out how to get it to play music from my phone or any audio device. Has anyone else had something like this installed? Is there a setting with the audio that I might be missing? I haven't gone as so far to see where the wires end up but maybe something easy I am missing.??
On the newer models with factory AUX ports, the "Disc" button on the radio is a "Disc/AUX" button. Maybe try hitting that?

Can someone add info to the FAQ/Wiki on the various rear hitch options? I have seen a smattering of comments on various build threads but some of it would be great to have something on the wiki with the various options, loads, pros/cons, etc.

I am completely confused as to what can be used with the Trailer option that came with my 08. I have wiring in place but don't know what all the options to completely rig out. I know there is at least one OEM option, some options to use other Toyota hitches, the SSO mini hitch, Metal tech(?), others?

Here is a good read for GX towing
All things Towing thread, weight, trailer type, etc..

On the newer models with factory AUX ports, the "Disc" button on the radio is a "Disc/AUX" button. Maybe try hitting that?

I wish that was the case and it was that easy. I would gladly except my stupidity for not trying it first. But the 2005 doesn't have an aux/cd button just cd.
Thanks for the help anyways.

My 05 does not either but it work by selecting CD. It does have to be on disc 1 to work.

I wish that was the case and it was that easy. I would gladly except my stupidity for not trying it first. But the 2005 doesn't have an aux/cd button just cd.
Thanks for the help anyways.
I meant try your CD button. The aftermarket AUX input was likely routed through the factory CD player's input.

The switch is likely there to toggle between CD changer and Aux mode. As others have stated, it is most likely tapped into the cd changer wires. There are a couple ways to do it and one of them involves a switch and some relays to alternate between sources. Also, on a side note, the cd wires sensitivity is different than a standard aux input so you need to crank the volume to be able to hear your ipod/phone through the speakers.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom