GX470 FAQ (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I looked but can’t find actual removal instructions for the cigarette lighter. I want to do the USB swap. Anyone willing to shed some light on it? Just need to know how you get the current socket out. Also is it necessary to disconnect the battery? Thanks

I looked but can’t find actual removal instructions for the cigarette lighter. I want to do the USB swap. Anyone willing to shed some light on it? Just need to know how you get the current socket out. Also is it necessary to disconnect the battery? Thanks

Power USB or audio USB? We had two sockets in our '04, one next to the ash tray and one down by the CDL button. Replaced the ash tray one with a USB extension routed up to a grom TOYLU3 and just stuck a dual USB power adapter in the other one. I actually used part of the cig lighter housing to adapt the USB extension, but only because it happen to fit perfectly.

Just want to put a power supply there. Do I have to remove the whole dash?

I had the head unit out because I was installing the grom unit, so I'm not sure what the minimum removal would be. The center counsel side trim comes off pretty easy but the wood vent trim is a little trickier (start from the bottom). Not sure if the vent trim needs to be out to access the ash tray unit, but the head unit can stay in. As for power, I guess you'd need to find an adapter for the cig lighter plug or wire it yourself. I destroyed the cig lighter part in the removal process because I knew it wasn't going back in. Never had to mess with the dash.

I put Sea Blue double USB in my Tacoma. Nearly a perfect fit and the harness for the cig lighter fit it after splitting the plastic harness.

I know it’s not exactly the same, but it is a Yota.
4C018A77-2915-4271-9CF7-0B16AF4EFDEF.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom