GX470 Dissent Rear bumper buy thread (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

What springs are you guys recommending with the addition of this bumper? I’m currently on ome 895E. I really don’t want to be higher than what I have now.

895e is a stiff spring.... plenty for this bumper and the additional weight may even improve ride quality depending on what other weight adders you have.

We're moving forward! Already more than half way there I think we have a good chance of making it to 10. I've posted on GXOR already and welcome anyone drumming up support on other platforms.
Update list on pg 1🙏, @G26er has a list on post 16 too...
How close are we?

Last edited:
895e is a stiff spring.... plenty for this bumper and the additional weight may even improve ride quality depending on what other weight adders you have.
Stiffer than the toytec flex before it, but still comfortable. Anyone running anything stiffer? 896?

Hey guys new owner of a blacked out GX470. Started my search for a off road rear bumper to complete the truck a but was never happy with the selection until I stumbled on the dissent GX470 build thread. Loved the clean lines and spartan design.

Unfortunately these never made it into production. It looks like there was a ton of interest but Ben the owner of Dissent never got the 10 minimum to put it into production. I gave him a call and he was willing to make a run if there was interest and a 50% deposit from prospective buyers.

Price and features are the same as the 100 series options Ben has listed on his site $1400 which includes the Uncoated rear bumper, tow hitch and backup lights and all hardware. Tire carrier, single or dual swingarm and any accessories can be added at any time.
Dissent Offroad

Lets get these bumpers made! Who's ready to have a unique rear bumper!

1. G26er
2. DentGuy
3. Kyle F. FB
4. TnTnOla
5. Shpnout
6. Teejnut
7. James O. FB
8. SoyViejo (Keith)

@SoyViejo are you positively in? If yes then @G26er can you update the first post? Need two more!

I wish. If you don’t get the numbers now, maybe end of the year once COVID crap goes away? Just a thought.
COVID's not "going away" by the end of the year.

Just want to clarify a few things:

• The tire carrier can be mounted on either side of the bumper?
  • The $750 "Tire carrier with aluminum riser and flip up table" includes the swing out, correct?
  • To mount the "Aluminum accessory tray" I first need both the "Accessories swing arm" and "Basket and tray accessory mount" for a total addition of $500?

Just want to clarify a few things:

• The tire carrier can be mounted on either side of the bumper?
  • The $750 "Tire carrier with aluminum riser and flip up table" includes the swing out, correct?
  • To mount the "Aluminum accessory tray" I first need both the "Accessories swing arm" and "Basket and tray accessory mount" for a total addition of $500?

I would suggest reaching out to Ben directly via email to confirm those things. Ben responded to me within a day, just let him know you're interested in the GX470 rear bumper purchase and have questions. Or if you want I can email him.

I would suggest reaching out to Ben directly via email to confirm those things. Ben responded to me within a day, just let him know you're interested in the GX470 rear bumper purchase and have questions. Or if you want I can email him.

I have sent an email, I'll respond with the replies here so other curious folks will have the answers as well.

I have sent an email, I'll respond with the replies here so other curious folks will have the answers as well.

Here is what I sent to Ben from Dissent Offroad:

"... (1) Can the tire carrier be mounted on either side of the bumper? (2) The $750 "Tire carrier with aluminum riser and flip up table" includes the swing out, correct? (3) To mount the "Aluminum accessory tray" I first need both the "Accessories swing arm" and "Basket and tray accessory mount", correct? (4) Do you offer any mounting solutions for RotoPax? ..."

Here is what Ben responded with:

"... In short, yes to all.
Unfortunately though the group buy is really in place to drum up interest and the bumper is not yet fully designed yet. We plan to offer it with the same options as our lc100 but things could slightly change if/when we move forward with finalizing. ..."

Seems like we have 10 or 11 now? How much longer should we keep this open? Can others join in after the initial group does a deposit with Ben?

I reached out to Ben to get some more details about how this whole process would work. We came up with a 2 stage process for the deposit. The situation is such that Ben had a GX in the shop for prototyping and the bumper shell was hammered out but the final work on the swingarm geometry wasn't completed once the project was shelved. Stage 1 to finish the project would be to get the GX back in the shop, bumper on and finish all the work with the swingarm. Time frame for this stage would be 4-8 weeks from the start of prototyping. Stage 2 would begin once the prototyping was complete and would be standard shop production with an estimated time frame of 8-12 weeks lead.

Stage 1: Each person on the list reaches out to Ben via email. The email link is located in the "contact us" section on his website homepage. In the message box start the conversation with "GX470 Rear Bumper" or similar. Once Ben has an email from you he proceeds to send an invoice for $200 prototyping deposit. This deposit would be your commitment to the project and is contingent on the start of prototyping. That is to say if only 5 out of 10 people on the list come through with a deposit and prototyping does not actually commence your deposit will be refunded. Once it has begun the deposit is considered non refundable.

Stage 2: Once prototyping is complete Ben will contact everyone that sent a prototyping deposit with an second deposit invoice for 50% of your individual order. That's also considered non refundable once everything is in motion. This stage should wrap up in the standard lead time of 8-12 weeks and this is depending on shop order volume. There is always the potential for a lower lead time if all orders are caught up but its better to expect the full 8-12.

Stage 2 ends with a GX470 Dissent rear bumper shipped to you!

That's it! We have the numbers lets get this ball rolling!

How would this fold down table work with the GX swing open rear gate?

I assume you're asking about the included table on the back of the tire carrier. In that case you have the option of having the tire located as the left or right swingarm. If you have a left hand tire carrier then the table would be usable with the rear gate open. If you opt for a right hand tire carrier the table would be blocked by the rear gate once that is opened.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom