Gutter Rust (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Just wanted some feed back from anyone that has ever encountered or had to fix rust in a FJ60 gutter. Was it expensive? Hard to Fix? Worth walking away from buying a 60 that has gutter rust?
Thanks for your input.

Pics? All depends how rotted it is

Pics? All depends how rotted it is

Land Cruiser Gutter Damage.jpg

Doesn't look too bad but it looks like something bent the roof in there which probably gave an entry point for the rust

Depends on the asking price for the truck and how good/bad the rest of it is.

If a screwdriver jabbed it, it would go right through to the headliner. Keep on jabbing it and there'd be a hole 3" across. I personally wouldn't buy a cruiser with a roof like that.

That really doesn't look too bad to me, though if you saw my roof you would know why... I'll just say that's kinda an odd place for the only rail rust to be, meaning to me that water is getting in somewhere close. Probably related to that dent. You might even be able to repair that spot without redoing the entire rail seal. If the price is decent and it's in otherwise good condition, I'd consider it.

One note - That truck has been resprayed as the gutter trim should be chrome (or maybe the chrome trim is missing?). If it has been recently painted, be extra careful as who knows what the paint is hiding...

Last edited:
Walk away, there will be a better one that crosses paths with you

I’ve got some roof rust, looking back I think I would have waited for one without it. But I paid too much. If I had got a better deal, I think it wouldn’t be a deal breaker. Just don’t expect the truck to ever be perfect.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom