roof gutter sealant? (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

3_puppies

SILVER Star
Threads
the gutters and roof are NOT rusty.
the sealant is missing or coming off
what is a good course of action to seal the gutters
dig out/remove old sealer and apply new?
what sealant to use?

the gutters and roof are NOT rusty.
the sealant is missing or coming off
what is a good course of action to seal the gutters
dig out/remove old sealer and apply new?
what sealant to use?
get rid of the old sealant as clean as you possibly can. i'd probably pick it out best as you can then gently wire wheel the residuals to clean it up. then prime it, automotive seam sealer, n a coat of paint.
here's the legal part: i'm not a body man :hillbilly: just an ol' fawk that fumbly fawks his way thru $h!t

That's it. Just clip the tip with a smaller hole first, run the A's and then clip a little larger and run the gutters. It's a DTM product as well, so don't need to primer if you burn through the paint/primer on prep, just don't leave any bare metal untreated outside the sealant area.

The "stinger bead" wheel is very narrow in comparison to other wheels and doesn't "fan out" like the other wheels. So easier to keep the work area to a tight and concentrated line/path.

Jason
TT

Last edited:
I just did this and used these threads as reference.

I used a pneumatic die grinder with a thin scotch brite pad. First double tape the paint on either side of the gutter to minimize any chance of scuffing the paint if your tool gets outside the margins. wear a mask or respirator as this method creates some unhealthy dust. Then I fill with 3M heavy drip check. It is designed for automotive roof drip rails. Not self leveling so it won't run. And works on vertical seams.

I used 3M 08307 Self-Leveling Seam Sealer in mine when I did my rust repair and such. Worked great and laid down really easily. I used ~1.5 tubes

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom