Grill options for 86 runner (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
So I have an exhaust plan.... now I need grill options. The plastic chrome on the front is feeling and looking rough. What are the options? Many of the replacements I see are 87-88? What is the difference? I need to either find another cheap chrome replacement or get the parts and paint them black. What do guys suggest

here is an example of what I’m talking about. What gives?

Pretty much whatever you want. Only SR5 4x4s used that chrome grille, but any 84-88 2WD or 4x4 will work. So, if you wanted a different look you could go with a black 2WD grille. Either way they all use different "TOYOTA" emblems. And of course the headlight buckets would need to match. They're either chrome or black, 2WD or 4x4 doesn't matter. Lots of ebay sellers have these.

Pretty much whatever you want. Only SR5 4x4s used that chrome grille, but any 84-88 2WD or 4x4 will work. So, if you wanted a different look you could go with a black 2WD grille. Either way they all use different "TOYOTA" emblems. And of course the headlight buckets would need to match. They're either chrome or black, 2WD or 4x4 doesn't matter. Lots of ebay sellers have these.
cool. Thats what I thought. Mine is a DLX, but I'm changing some things up... I'n not sure how blacked out I'm going. I already deleted the chrome window trim, and the chrome rear bumper is about to go as soon as my 4x4 innovations bumper gets here... that mount leave much chrome... the front and handles. The wheel well trim is off as well...

cool. Thats what I thought. Mine is a DLX, but I'm changing some things up... I'n not sure how blacked out I'm going. I already deleted the chrome window trim, and the chrome rear bumper is about to go as soon as my 4x4 innovations bumper gets here... that mount leave much chrome... the front and handles. The wheel well trim is off as well...

What condition is all that stuff in? Want to sell it? Especially the window trim.

What condition is all that stuff in? Want to sell it? Especially the window trim.
I didn't have the whole set. But I save all that stuff. I'm in a decent sized club and we do swap meets and stuff. If there is something specific you need you can PM me though.. like a specific piece of window trim.

My base model Xtra Cab 4x4 came with this grille...
IMG_4294.JPG

and after finding a lot (!) of options, i.e. plastichrome headlight buckets, black buckets, plastichrome in the grille or not, centered TOYOTA vs offset... I landed on all black with the centered logo:
IMG_6170.JPG

the centered logo works well with the ARB's brush guard.
IMG_6370.JPG

My base model Xtra Cab 4x4 came with this grille...

and after finding a lot (!) of options, i.e. plastichrome headlight buckets, black buckets, plastichrome in the grille or not, centered TOYOTA vs offset... I landed on all black with the centered logo:

the centered logo works well with the ARB's brush guard.
I've said it before, that 2WD grille is sexy. Did you have any problem finding the emblem?

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom