Greetings from another tired old 60! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hello, Mud People!
As per the title, nothing much to see here, just my trusty rig “El Mulo Viejo”. (The Old Mule - could apply to me as well?!). I’ve looked over this site a bit in the past and then recently started getting engrossed in the depth and breadth of what is here - truly astounding! The more that I have looked at people’s rigs, the technical knowledge of so many, and just the sheer passion of folks for their vehicles - well, it is overwhelming.

I am just getting back into this rig, an ‘83, pretty much run-of-the-mill 60. I’ve had many minis over the years, a 40 at one time, nothin’ but Toyota trucks for almost 30 years so pretty much hooked. I decided to give my brother my ‘85 xtra cab Hilux (he flew out within a week and drove it happily 1001 miles to the Midwest), and put time and money into the Mule as it has sadly been my plow truck for awhile (shame, shame!).

But, as we all know: just replace the worn parts and it will rise from the ashes to run for many years. So, the plan is to baseline it again for driving, and start throwing money at it! A gradual build for sure, which may end up showing progress too slow for a “real-time” build (which every one wants to see).

Anyway, that’s an intro! Cheers, Pete

Hello, Mud People!
As per the title, nothing much to see here, just my trusty rig “El Mulo Viejo”. (The Old Mule - could apply to me as well?!). I’ve looked over this site a bit in the past and then recently started getting engrossed in the depth and breadth of what is here - truly astounding! The more that I have looked at people’s rigs, the technical knowledge of so many, and just the sheer passion of folks for their vehicles - well, it is overwhelming.

I am just getting back into this rig, an ‘83, pretty much run-of-the-mill 60. I’ve had many minis over the years, a 40 at one time, nothin’ but Toyota trucks for almost 30 years so pretty much hooked. I decided to give my brother my ‘85 xtra cab Hilux (he flew out within a week and drove it happily 1001 miles to the Midwest), and put time and money into the Mule as it has sadly been my plow truck for awhile (shame, shame!).

But, as we all know: just replace the worn parts and it will rise from the ashes to run for many years. So, the plan is to baseline it again for driving, and start throwing money at it! A gradual build for sure, which may end up showing progress too slow for a “real-time” build (which every one wants to see).

Anyway, that’s an intro! Cheers, Pete
it's not an intro till we see pics! :flipoff2: welcome aboard @donpedro

Fair enough. But I'm already wondering if all you are interested in, is physical beauty.... I know that it's a bit plain, but I think that there is a lesser seen, inner beauty that is
there also...

IMG_1066.JPG
IMG_1067.JPG
IMG_1068.JPG
IMG_1069.JPG

Fair enough. But I'm already wondering if all you are interested in, is physical beauty.... I know that it's a bit plain, but I think that there is a lesser seen, inner beauty that is
there also...

...View attachment 2565696View attachment 2565697View attachment 2565698View attachment 2565699
@donpedro , that's what all men say to themselves about their S.O..... or their vehicle. it's all good man. i'm glad to see that one is being used as a beast of burden rather than just a show piece

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom