Great group (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
why is this group so much better than the 4Runner group forum. ? Different site

I was on there saw a thread that a guy traded in a 4Runner and was bragging that the dealership didn't catch that his frame had holes in it and was rusted mess and was unsafe to drive. I would never put someone else's life in danger to save a few bucks and saying so.

So after taking a bashing and called many names and defending myself I get banned. Lol

My wife does own a 4 runner but I must say their is such an intelligence difference between the two truck owners. Lc owners so far seem to be very helpful nice welcoming and appreciate quality.

4Runner owners seen to be wannabes hot heads and pretenders of driving the best off-road trucks in the world.

Don't get me wrong my wife loves her 4 runner but we realize it is an suv grocery getter that really isn't anything special. Nice yes reliable yes special no.

Sounds like youdid the right thing; bummer you got banned, but it sounds like you were better off without them anyways.

That being said, MUD has its fair share to hotheads, and douches. They are usually a self-correcting problem though (they get perma-banned) when they get too out of line.

There's also a bit of socio-economic stuff going on too, but I'll not say anymore, before I sound like a jerk myself. Ha!

There are some particularly nice, helpful, and good natured people in the 200 section; you've come to the right place.

I agree. People here have fun. Can people potentially take things the wrong way of course. Had that here but without saying names the person thought I was upset. We private msged and realized neither of us was mad or upset at all. The problem with typing messages.

I agree better without people that feel it is ok to put another persons life in danger for a few dollars.

Welcome to the group, 2016lc. The 200 series group is a great bunch of people! I spent a lot of time in other sections and this has been the calmest group yet... maybe we are all just getting old. If so, I am OK with that!

4Runners are a great truck too, but my heart will always be with the LC, and somewhat with the LX. I say that having owned two LCs and one LX. I just love the LC, but the LX puts a smile on m face too. (It just does that while massaging my butt...:rolleyes:)

Educated doesn't necessarily mean etiquetted.

Or intelligent.

Though the 4Runner fella you're referring to may be none of the above.

I agree just about putting other people's lives at risk for a few dollars. That is the part I can't stand and getting bashed for pointing out the obvious.

That being said, MUD has its fair share to hotheads, and douches.

There's also a bit of socio-economic stuff going on too, but I'll not say anymore, before I sound like a jerk myself. Ha!

Then you have the Mississippi contingent to deal with.............. and their elated SEC football programs.

If you think 4runner forum is bad, try Tacoworld or ViperAlley.

That said, 200 series forum (with new 85K purchase price) is VERY different than other parts of mud.......

I agree. People here have fun. ught I was upset. We private msged and realized neither of us was mad or upset at all. The problem with typing messages.

Heh... That was me.
On the bright side... At least I cared to make sure I hadn't come across in a way I didn't intend...
We had a good exchange in private, which I really appreciated. Thanks! :)
On many forums, people really don't care.

And ya, I completely agree!
This is an amazing group of super helpful people.
-Not a week goes by where I don't learn something new.

So what's the difference on this forum...?

Others have hinted at things, but t's hard to talk about without sounding like a jerk...
At risk of the jerk thing...I'll take a stab at it...

-If you were only out to visually impress others...you probably won't buy an LC. LC's don't qualify as Bling.
-So we aren't a blingy crowd (though we love to post pictures).

-If you are 19, and only want to jump the highest dune, or blow past someone at a stop-light...LC probably isn't for you.
-So we don't tend to be a "badass attitude" crowd...

-If you just want a college party-truck with three rows of seats for the chicks...chances are, you can't afford an LC yet and will choose something else.
-So we tend to be a bit more "settled" a crowd...

-If you are 18, and still think you are indestructible, you might not care about the safety of LC's zillion air bags...and the high cost that comes with them.
-Most of us are old enough to appreciate our limitations. We've aged a bit...

-If you BUY a Land Cruiser, chances are you have a job...or just work very hard at one.
-So it's less likely that we are poor, and looking to take advantage of others (like that rusted-out guy you mentioned)

-If you fork out for a LC, it doesn't bother you that most people have no clue what an amazing vehicle you drive.
-Quiet confidence is more pleasant to talk to in my experience.

We're an older crowd here, and I think that helps in a lot of subtle ways.

Bottom line: OLD GUYS RULE! heehee...

It would be interesting to do a survey of personal characteristics on this forum... Like age, marital status, kids, etc.

A couple weeks ago, a guy posted about whether to buy a 200... He was 19, and on his third cruiser. I think we were all sort of amazed, because that's just not the kind of potential buyer we tend to see here. :)

It is funny how LC is perceived in the USA.

In many part of the world, LC IS BLING. It is driven by Prime Ministers and MPs. I picked up a relative at LAX last night, in my LX570. He goes "I thought you were making money in the USA, why don't you have a LC?"

To him LC is the bling, and if you drive an LC, you are SOMEBODY.

When I had my previous LC200, my nurse at work said, "how come nurses are driving BMW, but you are driving a cheap Toyota?"

The same car can be seen in USA, as someone who is a nobody, in other parts of the world, same car means you are somebody...

Old guys?! Hey, I bought my 200 when I was 28.

Now, I'm the ripe old age of 30. :)

Old guys?! Hey, I bought my 200 when I was 28.

Now, I'm the ripe old age of 30. :)

To the average 19 your old... you ARE AN OLD GUY! ;)

Hate to break it to ya, but... You are already in the "Don't trust anyone over the age of 30" crowd from the 60's! ;)

Damn kids...

I believe T4R and TW (and many others) have vast amounts of useful info and have some really knowledgeable folks who have gone great lengths to contribute and post valuable info that could be/have been helpful. Helpful not just to those particular forum folks, but all types of Toyota truck owners, TLC/lx / gx owners. There are knuckleheads on all forums. Some are better than others. Some I can remember being exceptional, only to disintegrate to unrecognizable and shameful, rather quickly.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom