Great experience with Summit Auto Transport! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Just requested a quote from your website. It's a buggy rock crawler, holler at me if you need dimensions

Hi Aaron, like many others here, I submitted my request earlier this morning from Columbia SC to Proffitt's in Orchard City CO. 95 LC is wrecked but rolls, turns and brakes. I've tried three brokers and the third's contract ends today. Looking for covered and uncovered quotes because the windshield is separated slightly from the frame. Would like to wrap the windshield with saran wrap to protect the interior from the elements and take advantage of what I assume will be a lower quote for uncovered transport. Look forward to your earliest advices. Thanks much

165132496_10221421575302314_5237767868236450477_o.jpg

165217382_10221421575422317_1545361775757639980_o.jpg

Hi Aaron, like many others here, I submitted my request earlier this morning from Columbia SC to Proffitt's in Orchard City CO. 95 LC is wrecked but rolls, turns and brakes. I've tried three brokers and the third's contract ends today. Looking for covered and uncovered quotes because the windshield is separated slightly from the frame. Would like to wrap the windshield with saran wrap to protect the interior from the elements and take advantage of what I assume will be a lower quote for uncovered transport. Look forward to your earliest advices. Thanks much

View attachment 2680082

View attachment 2680083
1621608075159.png

Jeff,
I don't see this shipping anytime soon. If you look at the route for this you will see that Proffitt's is deep in the mountains with nowhere else to go nearby aside from Grand Junction(which there most likely won't be any other cars going.) If there are no other units you will either 1. Pay a really high premium or 2. The vehicle will sit for an extended amount of time until there are more units(most likely won't happen.)
You could look into shipping it to Denver, but you will need somewhere to ship it to where it can sit until another driver can get it. There are more drivers here that go to that area than there are in SC, but not every driver can take an inoperable vehicle. I can't take it at my place due to HOA restrictions. I would assume you are looking at $2500 or more to get this done in a reasonable amount of time. Feel free to reach out and we can chat more about it and what you want to do.

View attachment 2680113

Jeff,
I don't see this shipping anytime soon. If you look at the route for this you will see that Proffitt's is deep in the mountains with nowhere else to go nearby aside from Grand Junction(which there most likely won't be any other cars going.) If there are no other units you will either 1. Pay a really high premium or 2. The vehicle will sit for an extended amount of time until there are more units(most likely won't happen.)
You could look into shipping it to Denver, but you will need somewhere to ship it to where it can sit until another driver can get it. There are more drivers here that go to that area than there are in SC, but not every driver can take an inoperable vehicle. I can't take it at my place due to HOA restrictions. I would assume you are looking at $2500 or more to get this done in a reasonable amount of time. Feel free to reach out and we can chat more about it and what you want to do.
Thanks Aaron, I'll contact you via your email address.

I’ve been having one hell of a time trying to find someone to ship a 100 from Longbeach, CA to Maryland. I reached out to Wits End on Instagram and he referred me to Aaron.

After submitting the details online I got a quote today for open which seems quite reasonable.

full transparency here is that I’m holding out for a few more days in hopes that a broker I was referred to a few weeks ago finds something enclosed but I doubt their going to come in close to their initial number and it’s just going to be a bait n switch.

Wanted to note a great experience with Aaron and Auto Summit. Shipped an 80 from Denver to Northern NJ and Aaron was no nonsense, very informative and driver was flexible on pickup timing and drop off and responsive during transit. Overall 10/10 and will use again in the future.

This was my first time shipping a vehicle so I didn’t know what to expect. Overall I’d say that my experience was mediocre.
Great communication up front but once the truck was picked up I didn’t hear anything other than an estimated delivery date and that further communication would be between the driver and I.
The estimated delivery day came and still no contact at all from the driver. I started to get worried. I reached out to Aaron, and they were unable to reach the driver for nearly 48 hours.
Then the driver calls and says they’ll be arriving between a window in the afternoon, show up late and drops the truck at a different location than we discussed.
As I understand the shipping game the brokers are not always able to be picky about who does the delivery and if I ever have to ship again and choose Summit to do it, I will demand that it’s with a different driver.

This was my first time shipping a vehicle so I didn’t know what to expect. Overall I’d say that my experience was mediocre.
Great communication up front but once the truck was picked up I didn’t hear anything other than an estimated delivery date and that further communication would be between the driver and I.
The estimated delivery day came and still no contact at all from the driver. I started to get worried. I reached out to Aaron, and they were unable to reach the driver for nearly 48 hours.
Then the driver calls and says they’ll be arriving between a window in the afternoon, show up late and drops the truck at a different location than we discussed.
As I understand the shipping game the brokers are not always able to be picky about who does the delivery and if I ever have to ship again and choose Summit to do it, I will demand that it’s with a different driver.
Sorry that you feel there was a communication breakdown. Unfortunately, this is all to common in this industry. I try my best to get drivers to communicate as I would expect them to and when I inquire as to when pick up/delivery will happen, I am usually met with the answer of "the drivers will reach out when it is time." I use 100's of different drivers and sometimes they turn out to be a dud in the communication department. I will add these guys to the growing list of drivers to not use.
Aaron,
I need a quote for an FJ40 from Albuquerque, NM to Minneapolis, MN.
Please request a quote through the website at www.summitautotransport.com

Aaron,
I need a quote for an FJ40 from Albuquerque, NM to Minneapolis, MN.
I submitted a quote request for a 60 from MPLS to St Louis. Would be a nice backhaul

Another good experience with Aaron. Adventure Off Road (PowderPig) Colorado to Washington State. Brought home our LX450 after he had taken it 2 years prior to Robbie. Just one more to bring home, maybe...

@Riverrunner , thanks for your help bringing my ‘75 from Seattle to Columbus. Great communication up front, delivery estimate was within 7 days, driver reached out the evening of day 5 and delivered the afternoon of day 6 right on time.

100F5B8D-739D-496B-A5BD-DFA566961521.jpeg

@Riverrunner , thanks for your help bringing my ‘75 from Seattle to Columbus. Great communication up front, delivery estimate was within 7 days, driver reached out the evening of day 5 and delivered the afternoon of day 6 right on time.
My pleasure!

Request submitted on the website. Dates are flexible (working the purchase now) and delivery can really be anywhere near the delivery zip code.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom