Good uses for stock 80 series coils? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

cruiseroutfit

Supporting Vendor
Threads
Website
cruiseroutfitters.com
Anyone found a creative use for all these stock coil springs? I am starting to get quite the collection of springs, Tacos, 4Runners, Cruisers... and really can't iamgine ever selling so many used ones...

Any ideas?

If you have a 4 runner with coils in the back i had a friend who stuck 80 coils in the back with a 3 inch body lift had awsome articulaion.... just an idea....

dan

[quote author=Dan_J-spec_fj62 link=board=2;threadid=9281;start=msg80936#msg80936 date=1072571692]
If you have a 4 runner with coils in the back i had a friend who stuck 80 coils in the back with a 3 inch body lift had awsome articulaion.... just an idea....

dan
[/quote]

I'll have to check that out... my part-time shipping dude has a coiled rear 4runner, mabey we'll expiriment... :D

[quote author=Gumby link=board=2;threadid=9281;start=msg80917#msg80917 date=1072569046]
Put 'em on the 40. That's what I did. :D
[/quote]

As much as I like the idea of coils on a 40, its not any more work to do coilovers.. :D Just lots more $$$ 8)

Gave mine to a 4 skinna dude.

You could take an old office chair, fab up a quick mount for them and make a cool snowsled with coils. :D

[quote author=Junk link=board=2;threadid=9281;start=msg80976#msg80976 date=1072579688]
Gave mine to a 4 skinna dude.

You could take an old office chair, fab up a quick mount for them and make a cool snowsled with coils. :D
[/quote]

That would be cool... or mabey coil up my Trail 50... :D

I'm gonna check with the 4skin dudes and see if they want em...

How about using them for a trail trailer?

It seems fitting that an 80 series should tow a coil-sprung trail trailer, no? 8)

[quote author=cruiserdan link=board=2;threadid=9281;start=msg81116#msg81116 date=1072631205]
How about using them for a trail trailer?

It seems fitting that an 80 series should tow a coil-sprung trail trailer, no? 8)
[/quote]

That would be cool, but my trailer is for the 40... so who's first to build an 80 trailer... :D

Yes, a trailer! That is what I'm saving mine for. I have grand plans, 80 coils, 80 OEM rims, side tool boxes, etc. Of course the plans are only in my head at this point, maybe by next X-mas I'll start to build!

[quote author=cruiseroutfit link=board=2;threadid=9281;start=msg80940#msg80940 date=1072573079]
I'll have to check that out... my part-time shipping dude has a coiled rear 4runner, mabey we'll expiriment... :D
[/quote]

There was a post on Yotatech a few weeks ago asking how to get some 80-Series coils. It might be worth a quick post in the vendor sections of Yotatech and 4x4Wire to say you have some available.

coffee table legs of course!! :cheers:

What to use for the top? Spacers would be required to correct the lean ;)

[quote author=DanKunz link=board=2;threadid=9281;start=msg83740#msg83740 date=1073093946]
coffee table legs of course!! :cheers:
[/quote]

Now that is a cool idea... :D

Mabey I will get a peice of glass cut and figure a way to keep the coils under it...

[quote author=cruiserdan link=board=2;threadid=9281;start=msg83965#msg83965 date=1073149037]
What to use for the top? Spacers would be required to correct the lean ;)
[/quote]

Hahaha :D

Luckily I have all the OME spacers in stock... ;)

I actually thought about this until "She who must be obeyed" over ruled me.

My thoughts were initially to use wood...but then I thought glass...

Best way to attach was a rubber grommet on the bottom with a metal bracket to seat the coil not unlike stock...then have an aluminum disk on top that would receive the screws, also with rubber to insulate the glass from compression of tightening it all together.

Should be sweet if I ever get an all clear to go for it.

I have to ask.............How about coaster correction :flipoff2:

HAHAHA Man...only cruiser geeks would get this stuff...

Good one Dan...I will be calling you next week for more goodies.

Actually, heard that Cdan took one up the keester so he could bounce around pretending he was tigger. All was going well until he showed his droop to his hausfrau. :flipoff2:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom