Going fishing Think about it later (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hello. I am New here and hope to be able to add or even help others. I have just built a 77 Fj40. I had a 92 Chev. S-10, I used as a donnor car. I took the 4.3 V6 and married it to Toyota 4 speed with a Ranger TorQ. Splitter. Below are some of the things I have done to the Fj40.

2 in Body Lift
2 in shakle Lift
Power Steering ( S 10 Steering box And Tilt Steering.

Right now I am Having some troubles with a vibration. I took it to a guy who seemed at first to know his stuff. He seperated the eng frm torq. splitter and replaced the clutch and Pressure plate. The vibration is in the Eng. The damper and fly wheel has never been off. I have driven the donnor car and it was a nice running v6. If i run the eng up in rpm the vibration is noticable. at low rpm its not. When I drove the Fj away from his place, I notice I could not shift into 2 nd. I tried a cple of time be fore i could. I took it back to him and he scrached his head and said he would take care of it. A week later he said come get its is ok now. BULL !!!! 2 nd is fine but now it grinds going into 4 th. I now still have Vibration problem now a trans problem too. Thanks for letting me vent. I am now going fishing with My wife and daugthter. Allout

my $0.02 about the title

8672e814.jpg

It could be a # of things. First I would check to make sure the engine and / or the tranny are sitting straight and not putting a light bind in the drive shaft.

That thing is almost big enough to keep!

Is it possible that your problem is w/ the transmission only? I mean, did your guy take the splitter/tranny out and run the engine up to check IT for vibration? My thought is that if the 4.3 ran fine before, then your problem is most likely down stream from there. Does it vibrate when revving in N, or do you have to be moving at speed? How are the driveshaft joints? Where abouts are you? Oh- I think your bezel is upside down...

Thanks for reply !! In the beginning We seperated the bell housing away from Eng. Ran the Eng. The Vibration is there. I belive the Vibration is in the Eng. But It ran smooth in S-10 and the damper or flywheel has never been off. Just dont Know. Thanks Allout.

At first we reved eng. with clutch in and vibration appears. We unbolted bell housing frm Eng.Reved Eng.Have a vibrationh. Took serpemtine belt off , vibration. Replaced distributor cap ,plugs and plug wires. Still Vibration. Scraching my head. Thanks Allout

Very nice
We got rained out. I guess I will work on the rig. Allout.

You probably checked this first but.... motor mounts?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom