Getting Ready for swaping some parts (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

jvazquez53

El Tractor
Threads
Website
www.facebook.com
I started getting ready to swap the parts from "El dead Tractor" to the "new" Tractor. The new truck has the OEM power steering pump, can this pump handle 33.12.5 tires or do I put a Saginaw?

steering

hey man

i dont know what year truck you have, i have an 85, 60 and run 33 1250 mudders when im muddn, dont see any problems with steering, i did recently have to replace the steering stabalizer but that was un related to tire size, when im not muddn i run 31 1050 ats, hope that helps

Stupid question, Is it lifted to fit the 12's:confused:?

Que tal Jose?

I run 33x12.5R15's on my truck with a 4" suspension lift. The tires are on 10" rims.

Contact is a slight rub on the top of the rear inner fenders and the fronts clear completely.

The stock pump is satisfactory with tire pressure above 18 psi. When I run the fronts lower than that, it gets hard to turn at low speed. At 6 psi it feels like the power steering is gone.

Rick

Que tal Jose?

I run 33x12.5R15's on my truck with a 4" suspension lift. The tires are on 10" rims.

Contact is a slight rub on the top of the rear inner fenders and the fronts clear completely.

The stock pump is satisfactory with tire pressure above 18 psi. When I run the fronts lower than that, it gets hard to turn at low speed. At 6 psi it feels like the power steering is gone.

Rick

That's the reason I asked. I have 33-12.50's on ten inch rims, looks like I'm going to have the lift kit fixed ASAP and probably I'll have to switch to Saginaw:steer:.

I run 36" TSL's with the stock pump/box and have had issues with my pump going in and out. But this is a problem that has been around since I've had the truck. When the PS is working correctly I can turn the tires fine. Of course once youre up against a rock things change...

33" are fine with the stock pump in my opinion

The cannibalization just begun! :eek:Pics tomorrow.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom